New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been bringin my weimaraner with me hunting at whittingham...for some reason she keeps running back to the car...shes fine around guns and gun shot dont bother her...but it seems when i hunt alone with her, she runs around fine...i think she doesnt like being around alot of people...anyone think they know what the problem is and can they suggest anything that will help?

·
Registered
521 Posts
my uncle has a weimaraner and shes great. i think hes 12 years old and her time is alomst up but shes good even after having half of her left ear removed.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
How old is the pup?

She may not like the commotion of all the other hunters and dogs. If she has no problem hunting alone with you, I would stick to that until she is a little bit older.

You might try posting your problem on the Pointing dog Journal forum.

http://bbs.pointingdogjournal.com/ubbs/Ultimate.cgi

Good Luck

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack it could be a socialization problem. I would bring your dog to as many places you can. How old is she?
Mack you could also ask the guys on Upland Journal.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would try to get some friends or family to go out with you even if they don't hunt just to get a crowd going around her use a long lead to keep her out there not letting her get back to the car keep working with her and she'll get used to the crowed probably just shy or nervous.:)[up]GOOD LUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.