New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after day one I have to take a break from hunting to go fishing in montauk. Unlike hunting Im sure Ill have some striper pics for you guys on wednesday.

Good luck hunting during the week.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got informed we may take an offshore sharking trip tonight into tommorow!!!

That may hamper the 5-6 hour drive ;)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. I got back from montauk about 2 hours ago.

Here are some pics for you guys to enjoy.

Pic 1 - For third year in the row, I caught a 30" b [no swearing please] from the beach.

Pic 2 - Our catch being offloaded from the charter boat today. - 10 bass, 2 bluefish. We set sail at 6:00 am and limited out by 9:00 am. Had eight boats total from murphy's hook house. Top b [no swearing please] that won the total pool was 38 pounds.

Pic 3 - My fellow crew members with our catch being displayed.

Pic 4 - My b [no swearing please] , 24 pounder, won our boat pool.

8 out of 8 boats live lined fresh caught porgies on fish finder rigs just off the lighthouse of Montauk Point.

Enjoy the pics. Time for some striper steaks on the grill!!!

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
MMMgood. Looks like a great time.

I marinate mine in some Soy,Terriaki,Brn Sugar and a pinch of ginger. Some Rice, and veggies . Now break out the chop sticks.:)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Good pic's Den ..[up] I heard you were throwing up the whole time..:D And they had to glue the rod to your hands..[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And they had to glue the rod to your hands..
I'll admit I didn't want to put the rod down today. That place is unbelievable striper fishing.

The only thing bad about Montauk is the drive, you have to cut through the Hamptons, Brooklyn and Staten Island. If you don't time it right your 4-5 hour trip can turn to 8-9 hours.

Now back to hunting. Gotta figure out what to do this weekend. And I start my new job tommorow.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When do they stop chartering boats? Kids and I have only been to the ocean once since we moved here 5 years ago and I think that is something they might enjoy doing once. May have to wait until next summer. What's the average cost for the trip?

Thanks in advance for all the info!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Congrats on the fish, looks like you had a good trip. Try throwing a piece of that striper in the oven for about 25 minutes with some lemon pepper seasoning, old bay, parsley and a slab of butter on top. That's great eatn'.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deerseason Widow - The boat I caught those fish on was from Montauk, NY. Known by many as a top fishing spot on the east coast. Fishing has on and off seasons in different areas based on species. Some charter boats don't ever stop fishing. What are you looking to catch? Stripers turn on red hot in a month or two here. If you don't mind driving to a shore point I can get you some charter names.

Striper charters can cost between 450-850, but you can bring up to six people. Some charters run open boats where you can bring under 6 and pay per person, but then you run the risk of being on a boat with people you don't know and the open charters are usually only on week day nights.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Drome, Thanks for the info. Sorry, being from farm country in the midwest I have no clue what there is to fish for. Can't fish from our back yard unless we are looking for sun perch, b [no swearing please] or maybe some trout out of Lake Hopatcong.
Sound like a trio we will have to plan for next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts