New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a new pair of boots for christmas. I am not looking for rubber boots just traditional style boots. I would rather have all leather boots because I rip the gor tex material. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have a pair of the Irish Setter I think Rutmaster 800gr thinsulate. I got a size 12 and they are wayyyy to big for me. Wore them once, sell them for $80. Anybody a size 12? Literally wore them once. They were so big that when i walked they pulled my socks off my feet.[hihi]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Next pair I get once I get the $ set aside, it is Danner all the way. Still has boots made in the USA - I have friends who have had them for years and they still hold up, plus they can be sent back and re-crafted. F*&# royally all the others with their crap made from slave labor in China.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Did you mean to say, you ripped the canvas in the outside of the old boots? Because...Gore-tex is only a VERY thin membrane that is sewn/adhered into the boot.
I have Irish Setter 8" all leather boots with Gore-tex and they are awesome. Expensive, but I think I am getting my money's worth.

I also heard really good things about the Pronghorn GTX.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Muck - Highly recommend sticking with rubber, carries less scent.

My Muck boots are rated for -20, are very comfortable and should last a very long time.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
it is Danner all the way. Still has boots made in the USA
Keep in mind that not all Danners are made in the USA. Only the higher end boots starting at around $250 and up are made in America, the rest are made overseas. Otherwise the higher-end Danners are wonderful boots, I would suggest the Santiam for an all leather, all terrain boot.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Keep in mind that not all Danners are made in the USA. Only the higher end boots starting at around $250 and up are made in America, the rest are made overseas.
Very True - I was in Cabela's looking at the Danners and you have to double check the labels. thier website also allows you to filter out the overseas boots. Many companys do not have the balls to do that. You have to call them and ask point-blank , "Where is this item made"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts