New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'll be taking the rifle test at Black River tomorrow. Afterwards... since I am already there... I was thinking about shooting at the range... and/or possibly taking the 20 gauge for a walk...try to nail a crow or groundhog.

Anyway... I will print out the crappy PDF map.. but still... I hate hunting a new place solo. I guess I can walk around with my gun unloaded and shells in the pocket... until I am 100% positive its okay to shoot. You know what I mean?

I guess I will just start walking from the parking lot of the hunter safety test. And I gotta be extra careful... since game wardens will be all over me.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
I was thinking about just taking a ride. I miss my home.:D If I go I'll look you up. I'll get back to you later. Can't miss my van , silver,grey chevy w/ roof racks, rod holder's mounted on rear door and Rush Creek Decal from Sunset, on back window.:)

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Well I went to Black River to do some scouting as there is still snow on the ground. Thought I'd have the place to myself and there were 9 cars there. I asked what they were doing and they said waiting to take their test. This was at 8:30 ,I told them they were at the wrong lot, Ah alone at last. After traipsing around for a couple hours I went over and met Dragthor. Great Guy, afterwards I went back to where I was and walked some different terrain, left at noon, A wonderfull morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.