New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'll be taking the rifle test at Black River tomorrow. Afterwards... since I am already there... I was thinking about shooting at the range... and/or possibly taking the 20 gauge for a walk...try to nail a crow or groundhog.

Anyway... I will print out the crappy PDF map.. but still... I hate hunting a new place solo. I guess I can walk around with my gun unloaded and shells in the pocket... until I am 100% positive its okay to shoot. You know what I mean?

I guess I will just start walking from the parking lot of the hunter safety test. And I gotta be extra careful... since game wardens will be all over me.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
what time will you be there? and also what time do you plan on getting done with your coarse? Why will the game wardens be all over you? Are you that cute.:D

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I was thinking about just taking a ride. I miss my home.:D If I go I'll look you up. I'll get back to you later. Can't miss my van , silver,grey chevy w/ roof racks, rod holder's mounted on rear door and Rush Creek Decal from Sunset, on back window.:)

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Well I went to Black River to do some scouting as there is still snow on the ground. Thought I'd have the place to myself and there were 9 cars there. I asked what they were doing and they said waiting to take their test. This was at 8:30 ,I told them they were at the wrong lot, Ah alone at last. After traipsing around for a couple hours I went over and met Dragthor. Great Guy, afterwards I went back to where I was and walked some different terrain, left at noon, A wonderfull morning.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I've got so many spots, I couldn't visit them all. Went to one spot where there was a pile of corn since Feb 3rd and not a track. Was the spot your talking about to the left of the parking lot near the private property?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts