New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago, while fishing, several geese swam by me pretty close. I began to wonder if it is lawful to both hunt and fish at the same time, that is could you have your shotgun next to you during waterfowl season and your rod in your hand, or vice versa. Anybody know if one may engage in both activities at the same time and place, say on Wildlife Management Areas where each is separately legal and the hunting and fishing seasons overlap? Thanks

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
sure as long as you have a license for both. if your duck hunting just me minded if other duck hunters are there hunting and you are standing in the water fishing but yea it is legal

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Since we don't have a dog we routinely carry a rod ( affectionately called Ol Red) back a mile thru the swamps to retrieve ducks like were reeling in bunker, so no problem since we have the all around sportsmans license for such an occasion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.