New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 20 years, good news about hunter numbers has been hard to find, but now we've seen increases in two of the past six years. I believe that's a tribute to the many wonderful programs today that are designed to recruit and retain hunters. The hunting community is working together, making a difference, and it's beginning to show...
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/112005/11032005/142834

Click on the above link for some good news for hunters and hunting.

Ant

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
That is GREAT news! I hope the sales continue to rise.:)

The quote of Jodi Valenta, director of recruitment and retention programs for the National Shooting Sports Foundation was the one that summed it up for me.

I see its the same paragraph that caught your eye as well.[up]

All the programs, and all of us coming together is going to make a huge difference.

Lets not forget my original point either though. Whether we grow by leaps and bounds, or dwindle into non-existance, we should police ourselves, making sure that we are always stepping in the right direction. Always projecting a positive light on our "sport".

Just on a side note; If anyone is curious as to why I put the word "sport" in quotations, its because I dont consider what we do a sport. What we do is a disipline, a necessary part of nature, a way of life!:)

(Ant, I edited the title so that more hunters would take a look at it. Its a good post and I think as many people as possible should see it) I hope you dont mind.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts