New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a joke... can't walkie-talkies work over 2 miles? LOL... sounds like left-wing propaganist teachers.

http://www.news12.com/NJ/in_depth/article?id=125942

Eagleswood teachers say hunters near school are too close for comfort

(12/15/04) EAGLESWOOD – Educators at Eagleswood Township Elementary School have canceled recess for their students due to potential hazards posed by nearby hunters.

Officials at the school say the decision was made after walkie-talkies in the school picked up the conversations of hunting parties. Although state law mandates hunters must stay at least 450 feet away from schools, educators say the fact that they could hear the radio conversations made them believe the hunters were close enough to present a safety threat.

Teachers say they use the walkie-talkies to communicate with each other and to stay informed. According to school officials, students could possibly return outside for recess beginning next week.

G

·
Here we have the school's people over reacting. Just because they could pick up hunters on there radios doesn't mean they are near them. No matter what, there are people out there that would use anything to stop hunting

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I think news reporters near schools are too close for comfort.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
you can pick up drug dealer transaction chatter over the same walkie talkies when driving to the united nations or to yankee stadium, should we ban school field trips to the united nations? Or stop taking our kids to yankee stadium?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Back when my son was a student at Ryerson Middle School in Ringwood he was watching a hunter out the window from his class(when he should have been paying attention). The teacher asked him what he was looking at and he told her. The hunter was probabably double the 450 ft saftey zone. However the teacher made all the students get on the floor as if they were in danger.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I heard a school on the radio last Wednesday. The teacher was telling someone she sent a kid to the Nurses office. But he never made it there.
The nearest school to my property is 3 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts