New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my buddy just acquired some new land to hunt yet the owner said that he has to have insurance in order to hunt the property. A couple questions:

1. What type of insurance do you need?

2. How and where do you get it?

3. How much does a policy cost?

4. What is the price of the policy based on?(# of guys, size of property, etc.)

I know most clubs have some sort of insurance and so does the UBNJ. So if anyone can help me with some basic info I would much appreciate it.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Join the Federation. For $30 you get a membership and 1 million dollar policy that is good just about anywhere.

BTW, the UBNJ insurance is only good during UBNJ sanctioned hunts and outings.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah bloodtrails that is what I have been told by the UBNJ leadership. And the Sportsmen's Federation is what you are talking about right?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Om just took a look at the webiste. this sounds like exactly what i need. thanks

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
owenie, you can get there by going to the organizations section on this website. They have a link there.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The federation insurance is not accepted by a lot of land owners. The one million policy is a one time shot for all member of the Federation. For example if something happens and that one million dollar is used up, that is it nobody else has insurance left over for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
The one million policy is a one time shot for all member of the Federation. For example if something happens and that one million dollar is used up, that is it nobody else has insurance left over for the rest of the year.
Not sure where you heard that but it's completely false.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
We had the policy review once years back. There is a name for this type of policy. That is why is not accepted by some landowner. I had a landowner tell me the same thing, as per his lawyer.
Maybe it has change now, but I will look into it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts