New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that F&W did not fund HHH this year. I sent them an e-mail to find out why. HHH used up their funding by NOV last year.

G

·
well you think some of those rich snob anti hunters would help with providing food to feed these people. Oh wait they would rather see people including children starve then donate meat, or money to buy meat

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I am going to donate the next deer i get. There is a 25 dollar contribution required when you donate your deer to help cover costs and make the already donated money go further. The state cut the funding so it is now privately funded. make sure you check with your butcher or the HHH people before you donate. the funding will run out at some point so you may have to pay the full cost for it to be butchered. I also dont believe that the butchers accept donated deer during 6-day/shotgun season.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
HHH is such a wonderful organization.

Actually ALL the food banks that feed the needy with hunter harvested game are great.

We need to get them more funding somehow. Perhaps a fundraising event, like an archery shoot, or something.[confused]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Matty, an archery shoot would be a great idea. It is for such a great cause too.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Matty, an archery shoot would be a great idea. It is for such a great cause too
OK...Matty where would we have it & when? How about in May, we cxan have like 3 of them going ( North, Central, South )all on the same day. Maybe get help from The UBNJ & TANJ too.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dont ask me, I just blurt out random ideas and hope others will run with them. :D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Ok, running with Matty's Idea... hmmm seem to remember him doing something along these lines with one of my ideas...

Hold the shoots at WMAs that are equiped with Archery Ranges. Peaquest, Clinton I know have them, and I am sure there are others.

Pound the pavement for some donations of hunting gear.

ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE!

Does not have to be 3d shoot, could be spot shoot, normal 60 round, or if we think there will be a lot of guys, just a 5 spot. Could even do some fun shoots like Steel Deer, and moving targets (easy to do with a grill rotisery). Prizes awared as appropriate.

Prizes do not have to be only goods. Could be free bow tune up, arrows re-fletched etc.

We could do it in conjunction with our NJH picnic, which I was going to try and set up a bow tuning clinic with Matty at anyway.

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Man I love when people start throwing around good ideas![up][up]

Lets make this happen.

Anyone have any experience organizing an event like this?

Like contacting companies for prizes?

Im sure companies like Hoyt, or SVL would donate prizes. I would definately donate a few free bow-tunings for a cause like this. (If anyone will let me touch their bow after they see me shoot) LOL.....:D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Matty, I will vouch for you. Knowing how to tune a bow and being a great shot do not always have to go together.

I also think that it would be good to get the local hunting stores involved. Farmers does this with their 3d jamboree every year, have a bunch of vendors set up and everything. It could be big man BIG...

-dan

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Currently Online Posts: 1689

Actually ALL the food banks that feed the needy with hunter harvested game are great.

We need to get them more funding somehow. Perhaps a fundraising event, like an archery shoot, or something.
UBNJ is planning on raffleing off an quad for HHH.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Cool, but before we go crazy, we need to make sure that we can use the WMA archery ranges for such an event.

-dan

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Currently Online Posts: 1689

We need to get them more funding somehow. Perhaps a fundraising event, like an archery shoot, or something.
UBNJ is planning on raffleing off an quad for HHH.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts