New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all NJH Members,

There has been much work done lately to try and get everything going for a Veterans Pheasant hunt and it is a 100% go! The hunting event is a joint Hunters Helping Heroes, SGS and Indian Creek event where we are hosting 12-15 Post 9/11 Veterans on a FREE all day Pheasant hunt at the Indian Creek Shooting Preserve.

Our list of Vets include a few Army Majors from Picantinny Arsenal, a few Air Force Staff Sergeants from McGuire Air Base, a prior Marine Corps member who is now a Corrections Officer, Will Jimeno (NJH Member: ShootStraight) and a few other amazing Vets.

Right now, we are still trying to get some donations to make this hunt more of a success but it is here that I turn to our fellow NJH members asking for help. We are in need of two more good bird dogs to help at the event. I see many pictures of dead pheasant lately and we are hoping that we can get the support of some folks to offer up some bird dogs.

If you or anyone you know has some quality bird dogs or would like to make a donation (shells, shirts, hats or any other gear that we can toss in our give away bags) it would be greatly appreciated and extremely helpful.

Tony Perkins has taken the lead on this project and since I will be headed to TX next Sunday for the Purple Heart Whitetail Hunts, any information or questions can be answered by Tony. His contact information is below:
[email protected]
His NJH tag is “trperk”

Thanks so much and feel free to respond in the thread or contact Tony himself,
Ryan Miller
Hunters Helping Heroes

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Ryan if I can get out to sportsmens over the weekend and you can meet me there I will donate a case of 20 or 12ga, bird shot...

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Will Jimeno (NJH Member: ShootStraight) and a few other amazing Vets.
Ryan, I will not be attending but did assist in getting some amazing Vets to attend. I wish you and all of our American Heroes a great day as you guys chase those roosters[up][up][up]

Great event and heartfelt thank you to all that are involved in doing this for our men and women in uniform[up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Ryan, you are doing a great job making sure we are all remembered. thank you and God Bless you

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive comments every, Mike I will try and get in touch with you so we can meet up if you still are willing to get some shot. I was trying to get a case of Hevi-Metal but am still waiting on my response!

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving,
Ryan

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Ryan I will head out there tomorrow or call and have a case put aside for you....will high brass 6's be good or do you need hevi-metal and you need 20 or 12

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike,

I was saying hevi-metal since Hevi-Shot sponsors me, I was trying to get them to donate a case that is the only reason I mentioned it. High 6's will be perfect in 12 and we have in our sign up sheet what gun they will be using so if I need to buy a few 20 ga later than so be it.

I was with the family all day today, I get you on your cell phone though!

Thanks again Mike, you are the man!
Ryan

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone with dogs and any questions can contact Tony, he has taken the lead since I will be out of town for a week with our two Purple Heart guys in South West Texas..

Thanks so far everyone,
Ryan

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
Ryan Im at the Sportsmen's center today til 12

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey guys- I was at Grammas house over the holiday and didn't pick up this post.

This hunt is on Saturday, December 17th. We have the club to ourselves. I am trying to get enough dogs so we can have 3 hunters per dog/handler. We will run two stages for the Vets. A morning hunt, then lunch and then another hunt. We'll put 12 birds out each time. Afterwords we'll have door prizes and cool gifts for longest tailfeather and some other surprises. This will really be first class.

I still need 2 dogs to make this work otherwise we have to spend some sponsor money for guides/dogs.

Please ping me if you can help out.

Thanks,
Tony

:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Come on fellas, I've only had one member contact me and offer to bring his dog out on this hunt. Not only do you get to help a group of Vets out but you get the pleasure of doing so by letting your dog work 24 birds for them. [up] As a dog owner, and a guy who's bringing his dog, watching my dog hunting for these guys is a thrill.

I need two more dogs for this for Saturday Dec 17th. Email me or send me a PM if you can make it. Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts