New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride today after checking out an area very close to a friends property and found out it was part of Turkey Swamp.Inquired about bow hunting in the park and they told me it was a 20 dollar fee,ID ,current years hunting license and hunter safety course card ? No problem except I took my bow test way back in 1971 before the data system started keeping records and don't have my card anymore even though I buy a bow hunting license every year.I think this is a stupid stipulation because I wouldn't be able to buy the license if I didn't have one previously or the certificate when purchasing for the first time.WTF*

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Yup no computer's then no paper record!You have to retest.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If u follow the book u are correct bit I know some people that took the old license and washed them than put there info on it and baught a license with there info. Just saying.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Just take the test again, I think it is easier then it was in '71. I still have mine from '85.
I tried to give them copies of mine and they said no, only originals will do.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Really*I can hunt the whole state except the parks and I have to take the test over again even though I have many years of licenses*Might just say F it* I have taken all the tests for the various seasons *Have even hunted out of state*Shotgun test was in 1967*

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
If u follow the book u are correct bit I know some people that took the old license and washed them than put there info on it and baught a license with there info. Just saying.
YUP,paper and ink lol I couldn't find my card year's ago,also 71 first year of the course one night 3 hrs lol. I called the state an asked for a duplicate,sorry no record's.Just found it in may,lol FYI some out of states except any prior license,if you were to ever book a hunt Colorado say, nope safety card a must!

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Really*I can hunt the whole state except the parks and I have to take the test over again even though I have many years of licenses*Might just say F it* I have taken all the tests for the various seasons *Have even hunted out of state*Shotgun test was in 1967*
I know how you feel right now,been there,doesn't seem fair,1000's of hrs afield,probably know more than some instuctor's.Don't take this personal,Swallow your pride bite the bullet,if you want to hunt there start studying lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, lol;i'll start studying and maybe i'll bring 50 ,or 60 deer tags with me to the test.NJ and You;Get The Screw*

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Took a ride today after checking out an area very close to a friends property and found out it was part of Turkey Swamp.Inquired about bow hunting in the park and they told me it was a 20 dollar fee,ID ,current years hunting license and hunter safety course card ? No problem except I took my bow test way back in 1971 before the data system started keeping records and don't have my card anymore even though I buy a bow hunting license every year.I think this is a stupid stipulation because I wouldn't be able to buy the license if I didn't have one previously or the certificate when purchasing for the first time.WTF*
Call Fish and Game Hunter Education Section, they can send you another card. No need to retest, you are in the system with your CID number

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Hunting the parks is for deer mangement only .They don't have to let us hunt there .It is the next best thing to private property .Call fish and wildlife and ask them about an safety course card .

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going to check with Fish and Wildlife and do what I need to do*Already E-Mailed them and I have a paper to Fax over also*My CID number has been in the system for years if that will help any*Really want to hunt there as the deer are tearing up my farmer friends fields and I didn't want to shoot them at night on his ground even though he asked me and Bowhunting has always been my passion*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts