New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about 10 or 11 when we used to sign in to hunt Allaire 1975/76 My father shot at his 1st deer in there around 1955. I have missed several big deer when I was a kid in there we used to drive our trucks into the the middle of the place the rd from Hosp rd to Herb Rd. The best thing they did was close the road off. I now show up only with my climber and go where I please with no worry of stolen stands anymore that place used to be off the hook during the rut. Some of you guy may have caught my black and yellow labs on your cams (sorry) they are the happy looking dogs. Hey Rich (RGSWILDLIFE) we hunted Land between the lakes in KY (1983)remember Brown Eye aka BOZO and family style meals across the street, fried catfish and hushpuppies Later

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Are we sharing old war stories? I remember walking uphill, bearfoot, in the snow.....[rofl]

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Are we sharing old war stories? I remember walking uphill, bearfoot, in the snow.
Whats wrong with old war stories, some day you mught have some to share.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I remember when other hunters did not steal stands. I remember when there was no jealousy or conspiracies, just congratulations. I remember when you had to get a special permit to hunt with a crossgun.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nothing wrong with old war stories... it's all good.
monmouthbucks.... things just are not the same anymore. As for njgunner.... your AVATAR is HYPNOTIC!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
I was joking! Love to sit and listen to all those old stories. I was just being a smart ass! I wish it was like that now. Way too many Politics and nonesense!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The place is full of theives,bikes and horses.This year its full of hunters(stalkers the worst kind).Sorry had to vent.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
I hunt Allaire now. My stand is across from Mulligans. Have at it if you want just beware of my boobytraps.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I remember walking thru the woods in the dark and never had to even think about bears. I also remember sitting all day and never seeing a bear. Boy have times changed [wallmad]

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I mountain bike there [up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BACK IN THE DAY There were no bikes just horses the pig pens were still standing in the pig pen area, you could drive in, the pit had no trees just tall grass, the only portable was a Baker climbing stand(you hugged the tree then they came out with a hand climber) I have the scars to prove it, I had a 40lb Bear recurve then a Herter's Black mountain Hunter 4 wheel compound, Then a hi tech 2 wheel Jennings Starlight T, The cops were pissed because they didn't have it to them selves any more, there were only 1/5th of the trails there are now, still a lot of hunters, bow season was calm but gun season was crazy Shotgun opening day there were deer running everyplace you got in your stand and stayed all day because you never knew who was going to chase one bye. The Kesslers were driving one end the Morgans the other. Oh and no bait. The best thing was hunting after school with my brother and Father every day behind the plane field after signing in my mom would drop us off and Dad would meet us I was 11 my Bro was 10 my Dad was 32 I am now 45 so a lot of memories in Allaire. As you get older you miss those days. Allaire is a special place with so many memories and many deer (more misses than deer) I will be there again this year with my father hopefully creating some more memories.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I reflected on the place I hunted today. It wasn't a matter of if you saw deer it was when. My memories were all good ones there. You would never know how good the hunting was it if you sat there as a newbie today. The states priorities are really skewered...and that's a shame.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I was about 10 or 11 when we used to sign in to hunt Allaire 1975/76
I can remember having to do that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts