New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am angry!

I went to Huber woods to hunt this morning. I parked in the new parking lot that is nearest to the new area the county opened up this year. The parking lot is much too small especially if there are any other trucks parked there.

As I was leaving today due to there being another truck in the lot I was not able to turn around and pull out forward. I tried to back out and could see that I may hit a sign at the entrance on my right...I pull forward and reposition the truck to have about a foot clearance on my right. I move back about 10 feet and now have the sign about a 1/4 way up my side and then wham I hit the gate post off the drivers side which breaks my back up lights! It was too low to see in the drivers side mirror.

They have made the entrance/exit much too small and after I got out I went to he rangers station to complain and the ranger said they made it purposely small to discourage too many people using the new are as it is small.

I could care less how many people hunt there. I would expect a parking lot to be big enough to manuever properly! [mad]

Sorry for the rant but wanted to warn any others to be extra careful . [wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have hunted Huber, Hartshorne, Holmdel, Shark River and Howell golf course. All of the others have more than enough rOom that you will not damage your vehicle unless you do something really stupid. This lot is hard even driving forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts