New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an email I received...

"Trophy hunting"

Yeah nothing about conservation or controlling black bear populations.

"New Jersey's small population of black bears"

Obviously he lives in NYC.

"ever since it was shelved in favor of more humane and effective alternatives"

Hrm...and those are what exactly? Turning your house into a medieval fortress?

"Because sport hunting has proven ineffective at reducing human-bear conflicts"

Really? Where are those studies? References?

"reinstating a trophy hunt would serve no other purpose than to pacify a handful of trophy hunters embarking on a head-hunting exercise."

Yep...wildlife conservation is all about head-hunting exercise.

"This could devastate New Jersey's small population of black bears, who are generally shy and wander near urban areas when searching for snacks from open trash cans. "

Yeah they are real shy...
Open trash cans, pets, children...same difference...all "snacks" to them.

Take action to protect bears in New Jersey.

Trouble with links or images? Want to share this email? Use this link:
https://community.hsus.org/humane/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=33338942

May 14, 2009
Help Black Bears in New Jersey

Dear Matthew,

New Jersey's black bears have been safe from trophy hunters since 2006, but the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife (NJDFW) is making clear its desire to reopen the trophy hunting of bears in the Garden State. Please contact the agency to register your opposition.

Although sport hunting of New Jersey's small population of black bears is currently not permitted in the state, the NJDFW has been trying to reinstate a trophy hunt ever since it was shelved in favor of more humane and effective alternatives. Because sport hunting has proven ineffective at reducing human-bear conflicts, reinstating a trophy hunt would serve no other purpose than to pacify a handful of trophy hunters embarking on a head-hunting exercise.

In the 2003 and 2005 trophy hunts, sport hunters killed more than 600 bears. The NJDFW wants not only to reinstate the bear hunt but also allow trophy hunters to obtain tags to kill bears in additional areas. This could devastate New Jersey's small population of black bears, who are generally shy and wander near urban areas when searching for snacks from open trash cans.

TAKE ACTION

Please take a moment to submit your comments to the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife during its public comment period. Ask the NJDFW to reconsider its push to reinstate a black bear trophy hunt, and let them know that humane, non-lethal solutions to conflicts between bears and people must be found.

Don't forget to tell your friends and family in New Jersey how they can take action, too.

Thanks for all you do for animals.

Sincerely,

Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States

·
Registered
222 Posts
I heard they have put a new HSUS NJ rep in place and intend to target NJ for new animal rights bills.

We need to stick together, be it hunters, pet owners, farmers or just any sane person.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Nothing more than a bunch of phony liberals with an agenda to control people and thier rights. They are so concerned with the welfare of the animals that they were no where to be found when those 200 cats were taken in a few weeks ago and needed help with food , shelter and homes. Most of the money for help that came in was from private donations and chain pet stores and vetrinary clinics.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
[confused] Trophy Hunters? Do they assume that we are hunting/want to hunt bears for their hides,heads ect? Personally I have ate bear and love it,and if I kill a bear you can bet your firearms that I will eat the bear.The hide ect is just bonuses

If you guys want I would be more than glad to go to trenton and tell them the difference I notice in bears in VA and bears in NJ. how would that be for comparison.When they have that meeting we need to get together and rents some vans and make a trip down there.As well with other laws,and so on.we need to fight the anti's hard.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the HSUS is not about animal welfare or even animals at all. It's just a way to get money and control people.
And don't make the mistake of dismissing them as "liberals". The politicians who take their money and push their bills come from both parties. Chris Smith is one example.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
bears, who are generally shy and wander near urban areas when searching for snacks from open trash cans.
Childeren wander to the kitchen "in search of snacks". Oh Please...."I'm just a timid 600 lb bear looking for a snack....oh this horse will do nicely....Uuuummmmm....oh look - a sheep!"

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I was really upset to see a post recently that Rush Limbaugh did a radio spot for HSUS. I have been meaning to send him an e-mail criticizing him for that. I think now I will cut and past excerpts from this thread and tho one about the bear/bulldohg incident in Kinnelon in the e-mail.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
One moment it's about trophy hunting (And this is wrong how?) the next it is about "Females and cubs" in the harvest.
When is someone going to print a bumper sticker that says "Don't buy the animal rights lie!
Or should that be lies?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, in all honesty - they can get away with all the lies because we have been dismissing them for way too long and we won't work together to fight them.

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
the HSUS is not about animal welfare or even animals at all. It's just a way to get money and control people
They use the word "humane" and fool a lot of people.[down] Definition of humane refers to people and animals, not putting animals above humans. [wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Not only are their desciptions about black bear behavior incorrect, when they offer these type of misleading statements in a public forum they are creating the possibility of someone unfamiliar with wildlife believing them. This could instill a lack of fear or caution in and if they encouter a bear after reading this nonsense, the false sense of security could lead to tragic results. The HSUS and other anti hunting groups should beware of what they preach, it may come back to bite them

·
Registered
747 Posts
Remember, the HSUS provided an email link to the NJ Legislature, and an automatically generated letter opposing the NJ Sunday Hunting Bill, to all its members via email.

I was really upset to see a post recently that Rush Limbaugh did a radio spot for HSUS. I have been meaning to send him an e-mail criticizing him for that. I think now I will cut and past excerpts from this thread and tho one about the bear/bulldohg incident in Kinnelon in the e-mail.
I don't like the man, but if there are any other fans here on the forum, I hope you will also write to Limbaugh about his "public service" spots for the HSUS.

This is from HSUS website, Black Bears and People in New Jersey ...
In recent decades, New Jersey's bear population slowly recovered from the devastating effects of habitat loss and over-hunting. The exact size of the current population isn't known because, although black bears are primarily found in north and central New Jersey, the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife has only performed population studies in the western and eastern regions.
So, our biologists have been wasting time counting bears in Newark and Bayonne, instead of Trenton? Like all animal rights groups, they never have their facts straight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.