New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so glad amidst the economic distress of the entire country that HSUS is focusing on what's important and ensuring the NJ government spends it's time and money wisely...like creating laws to make sure clothing manufacturer's label their products as containing real fur rather than faux fur.

Thanks HSUS, "thanks for all you do for the people of this state"! [down]

Tell Governor Corzine You Want Truth in Fur-Labeling!

Great news! The New Jersey legislature has just passed legislation (A. 2653/S. 2472) to require complete labeling of all garments containing animal fur. A series of recent investigations revealed that many mainstream retailers and designers are selling unlabeled fur-trimmed garments advertised as "faux" when, in fact, they contain real animal fur. Current federal law allows garments with animal fur worth less than $150 to go completely unlabeled. With no label to check, consumers are being duped into buying animal fur that they might otherwise choose to avoid.

This legislation is on Governor Corzine’s desk and awaiting his approval. Take action today to urge him to sign this important legislation into law!

TAKE ACTION
Please call Governor Corzine at (609) 292-6000 to urge him to sign A. 2653/S. 2472 into law to require truth in fur labeling. When you call, remember to leave your name and address so it is clear that you are a constituent. You can say:

"Hello, my name is [your name], and I'm calling from [your town] to urge Governor Corzine to sign A. 2653/S. 2472 into law. I support labeling of all garments containing animal fur. New Jersey consumers deserve to have accurate information about what they are buying. Thank you."

After you make your call, please send a follow-up email in support of the truth in fur-labeling. Then, please tell your friends and family in New Jersey how they can help, too.

Thank you for all you do for animals.

Sincerely,

Mike Markarian
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
The Humane Society of the United States

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.