New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone purchased this bow? heard of it? any feedback about it? i had a hoyt cybertech which was lost (thats a whole nother story)...then i purchased the mathews outback...i think i like the hoyt better....so i may cash in the outback and go back to hoyt.......any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I love it, even tho I only got to shoot it one time then I broke my wrist. I had the Hoyt Vipetec before that, it was only a year old, but I was jinx so I am currently selling it. The Trykon just came out so I cant really tell you much about how it shoots, but in the next month or so I will let you know!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
bare bow was $600, but I am friends with the archery guy so I got a great deal. I paid $1,200 total for bow, all accesories and dozen arrows!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats alot of accessories....did you shop around? what were the different prices you saw...do you recommend a certain shop?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Didnt shop around. I have been using the same archery shop and guy since I was a kid!!! It is in PA if you wanna go there I can reccomend him for you!! I didnt go with all the hoyt thngs, I picked my rest, sights, etc etc, so that is why it is more pricey....if you get the hoyt stuff it would be around $1,000

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im kinda set on the set up i have now...minus the bow itself...i like my sight, rest, ect....im in no hurry so im gonna shop around a little....thanks for the info....

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Another thought is, wait til a show, like Harrisburg, and you get better deals, cause the shops are all competing for your business there, so they will lower prices!!!! It is a great looking and so far, shooting bow!!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
TRYKON
33" Axle to Axle,316 FPS I.B.O.

TRYKON XL™

36" Axle to Axle,314 FPS I.B.O.

The Trykon XL a bit longer and much more forgiveable, is a smoother bow to shoot for a 2fts loss!
the brace height is 7-1/2 vs 7 for the shorter one.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imb,
how far into PA is that archery shop? do you think he will give me a price over the phone?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just so you guys know, I heard there have been some complaints about the new Trykons chewing through the cables servings after as few as 100 shots.

I dont know if it was the XL's or the shorter Trykon, but Im assuming it was the shorter Trykon. Short ata length puts tremendous side-torque on the cables. Making them rub the side of the cable track and shortening the serving life.

Not trying to discourage anyone from buying one, just giving a heads up.

:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts