New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone shoot one? if so how do you like it? im thinking about picking one up next week. i shoot a 2001 hoyt magnatec now. i know its definally faster.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Speedvh (Howie) shoots one....he just won it at the NJOA Sporting Clays Shoot this year. He is actually hunting boar with it down south this week, so I dont know if he will be online to comment....but I do know that he likes the bow very much.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I have a powerhawk in the bone collector edition, also have a reflex growler(same exact bow)but a 2008 model. I like them, light weight, quiet, and faster than advertised. If you have some extra $ take a look at the turbohawk and superhawk as well. They all have the same riser but the super hawk and turbohawk have laminate limbs, the turbo hawk also has different cams (from the alphamax) which makes it 15fps faster. Hoyt was running a $50 rebate in July, not sure if it's still going.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
If you have some extra $ take a look at the turbohawk and superhawk as well. They all have the same riser but the super hawk and turbohawk have laminate limbs, the turbo hawk also has different cams (from the alphamax) which makes it 15fps faster. Hoyt was running a $50 rebate in July, not sure if it's still going.
Between a powerhawk and a turbohawk,I would definately get the turbohawk.It's a 2010 model.I agree,I've shot the new turbohawk and it's an excllent value.Very similar to an alphamax but the cheaper riser is where you save the money.For a hunting bow,you may not even notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I went to A&m and mike didn't have the new turbo hawk in yet does anyone know where I can take a look at one? I might just go for the power hawk for the price

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Yeah I went to A&m and mike didn't have the new turbo hawk in yet does anyone know where I can take a look at one? I might just go for the power hawk for the price
call Bob's in Glass boro.He had a few a couple of weeks ago 856-881-7575

Spotsmen's Center...Ron said they were getting them in last tuesday
still not in yet,I was there last night and spoke w/ Ron

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just picked up my TurboHawk today from Strictly Archery....I can only say good things so far. I will post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's awesome I've only heard good things about strickly archery.. How much was the turbohawk? So If I do go with the power hawk it's not like a kids bow right haha

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
What was the price you were quoted on the powerhawk? The retail goes up $50 for each upgrade in the hawk series. Powerhawk $449, Superhawk $499, Turbohawk $549 but I've been hearing about guys picking the turbohawk up for $500-519, then getting a $50 rebate.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
So If I do go with the power hawk it's not like a kids bow right
Not a kids bow trust me. I'm a pretty big guy and it fits me very well.

Powerhawk $449, Superhawk $499, Turbohawk $549 but I've been hearing about guys picking the turbohawk up for $500-519
Is that for the bare bow?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really want to buy my bow from A&m because it's so close to me he has powerhawks in now but I'm going to see if he plans on ordering the turbohawk or what.. Because when I mentioned the turbo hawk to him he showed me a superhawk so I don't know if he knows what 2010 bows are coming out

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If worse comes to worse I'll take a hike up to strickly archery I've heard such amazing things about that place

·
Registered
313 Posts
I bought mine from Strictly for $600 with a $50 mail in rebate....I have been seeing a lot of places selling them for $550 with a $50 rebate, but you can NOT beat the customer service at Strictly Archery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts