New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The meeting Wednesday night at the TR VFW
I wanted to go but I got stuck working and couldnt make it...I'm just curious from the site who attended and how it was and what was covered.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Like Tom said Alan was excellent, passed along a lot of good info. I would agree with Tom on the 200 people. Mr Gura held everyone's attention the whole time he was speaking. NJ2AS is doing one hell of a great job for our gun rights. It's a shame more of you don't come out and show your support. It's easy to sit back and let someone else do it,right? I say get off your lazy ass and get out there if you want your guns and your rights. Also time to think about your kids and grandkids in the future. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Great to hear. Everyone needs to join this!!!!!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Happy to hear this. Wish It was closer, but just too far to travel on a weeknight.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Very disappointed that I couldn't make it. Over a 1.5 hour drive for me and had to be in Madison by 6am. Glad to hear about the turnout[up]

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wish It was closer, but just too far to travel on a weeknight.
Where are you located?

Over a 1.5 hour drive for me
That's what it take me from down here. I can't possibly make the ones farther up north. Frank said maybe get one started down this way. Like below Vineland down toward the shore.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Would have attended too just not possible to make it down there from North Jersey especially on a weekday.

Glad it was a good turnout!

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a shame more of you don't come out and show your support. It's easy to sit back and let someone else do it,right? I say get off your lazy ass and get out there if you want your guns and your rights. Also time to think about your kids and grandkids in the future. Just my two cents
Don't go getting all self righteous on me, I was stuck at work and my cell phone was checked in so I couldn't even call to cancel.

I asked a simple question just wanting some feedback of how the meeting went and what they discussed. Im glad the turnout was good but if you really didnt add anything to the thread. I could have guessed gun rights were discussed. Just because people couldnt make it doesnt mean they dont contribute funds to the NRA or NJ2AS to help the cause.

·
Registered
595 Posts
njgunner

I think he was making a general statement for people that complain about our rights and do nothing about it. We all were that way at one point. We understand its hard to make meetings. Kids, school, work. The fact that we had that many people there to begin with is amazing.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my fault, i misunderstood with your direction....but I have to agree with you, you see plenty of guys having time to hunt/fish/post on NJH but I was shocked to see the thread get so many views and only two guys post that they were there.....

Im glad a couple guys from here went[up]

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I'm registered for the March 14th event @ The Guns For Hire Facility in Belleville. That one is very doable and only an hour from me, but less than 5 minutes from my shop in N. Arlington.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey guys, I went down to Toms River too. As stated before, the lot was packed and Alan was great! Made even better because his Maryland decision was only a few days later saying their "Justifiable need" for right to carry, was unconstitutional. Now we just need that said in our state!
I plan on attending this Wed too and also signed up for the CCW class being given right before the meeting. Now I have to find my certificate from the Basic Pistol Class I took about 12 years ago.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks Ducati but I haven't taken those classes yet since I've never hunted before. I plan on it this Spring and still can't find that paperwork...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts