New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here at work, thinking about hunting, and just came to wonder about the following question. How often do you buy a new bow? Me, I can't say as I've only been hunting 2 seasons. I tend to think that I won't be buying another one for several years. But then again, I could wind up buying one in alot less time.

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I like to wait a while. At least a week or two in between bow purchases!:D

Seriously Im pretty bad. Ive owned 13 bows at one time. And not cruddy bows. Im talking top of the line. THATS EXPENSIVE!!!

Right now I own two, and Im selling one. If Archers Anonymous really helps....I wont buy another one for about two years. HOPEFULLY! :D

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
i've had the same bow since 1994, i gave it to my brother last year, he loves it. still have'nt made up my mind for a new one. i'm a 27" draw and i like a bow with a high brace height. any suggestions?:)

B

·
0 Posts
I have my MATHEWS Z MAX since 1997. Sometime after the new year I will buy a new bow, most likey a MATHEWS SWITCHBACK, matter of fact so far 3 of us: me, buckfever, and brownstones will buying them, what we are hoping for is to get some more guys into the sale, and maybe brownstones can talk to his cousin to give us a % off, so if anyone would like in let me know.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
sounds good, just let me know when you guys are gonna purchase, after the new year sounds great for me.[up]

B

·
0 Posts
sounds good, just let me know when you guys are gonna purchase, after the new year sounds great for me
Yes I will, I will post it here....passthru, where you from?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
by the way, how much is that mathews swichback going for?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
i live in monmouth, Manalapan

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I ahve been getting a new one every 2 - 3 Years. I sell the old one during the off season and pickup the new one before the season starts so I have time to get acustome to the new one. this year I sold my Hoyt Powertec II and bought a PSE FireStorm Lite. The PSE is a great bow, I have a shoulder injury so I need a small lite bow that did not stress my should while holding it up for the shot. I got the PSE and the first day I shot it and got it zeroed in I got a Robin Hood 1st one in 10 years my very next shot I almost got another but the knock broke of the other arrow and made it so the arrow would not enter the other. Next year I may get a new one again because I like the new Hoyt that IMB21 posted or go with a matthews switchback.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I used the same bow for 16 years - a Browning Tropy Magnum.

I NEVER even changed the string on it!!!

When I told Outlaw that I never changed the string, he looked at me like I had three heads!!! :D:D:D
The only things I did was (1) change from fixed pins to a Keller Pendulum Site (2) wax the string once every year.

I harvested many deer with that bow until I retired it last year.
[cool][up]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I have a "like new" Outback R/H, 50/60, I'd sell for $400. It's got a 29.5 cam on it now, but I can get some shorter ones, if someone's interested. I picked up a Switchback for a price, I couldn't refuse, but the S/B will have to satisfy me, more than my spiral cam, ProTech.
I'm in Millstone(just east of Hightstown.)

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Bows last me a long time.
Right now I am shooting a Buck Sabre manufactured by Champion Bows (Canada)for Buck Knives. I think I purchased it in 2000. Before that I had another off brand bow a JVA Astro manufactured bt Joy Valley Archery in Minn. I won that bow in a raffle at a Lincoln Park Archers 3D shoot about 1989. Before that I had a Golden Eagle that I gave to a friend when I won the other bow. I had it for about 5 years. Before that I had a Bear Polar 6 wheel compound for about 10 years. I still have it.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have only owned 4 bows in 25 years. I purchased a Hoyt FastFlite SuperSlam in 1992 and have hunted with it ever since. I was stupi and went out and purchased a Hoyt Havoc in 2002 and have never hunted with the darn thing. Matter of fact I have only shot about 50 arrows out of it. The only reason I purchased it was becuase it was a Clearance Sale and I got it pretty cheap. I wonder if I will ever hunt with it. My 1992 SuperSlam is such a nice bow and I realy feel compfortable with it so no reason to change just for the sake of change.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I bought my last bow (Matthews MQ32) about 6 yrs ago. I have found no reason to replace it and probably won't for a long time..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts