New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using deer attractants such as tinks or bob kirschners exactly how much should I be using and how often throughout the hunt? A generous amount on a pad or just a few drops?

·
Registered
282 Posts
how much to use depends on how you are using them. if you are just putting them on a scent wick around your stand, I keep mine in a ziplock so i can reuse them. If you are using a drag rag, a few drops on the rag every 75 yds or so. I use one or two bottles per season. Too early for buck lure now.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I have been testing lures since the beginning of August. deer both buck and doe have been on them. but they will not get crazy till Oct. on the sex type lures doe have been paying attention a little more most likely what is this type of reaction. I put some doe in heat and a sex lure out last Monday checked Thursday evening. a small buck made a half hearted scrap[rofl] about 15 yards from the scent.

drag you will get better coverage than hanging. don't go to much on hanging early season they can stay back if they don't see anything they will not come in. in Nov they will come closer.

Last year I watched a young buck chase a doe around a cow pasture the around the last of sept give a few days. she wanted nothing to do with him but he was wanting

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I agree you have to keep the pad in a bag.
I squirt about 1/2 a tablespoon on the pad front and back and then drag away.
I don't refresh while walking. If you smell the pad that is enough to leave the scent on the ground.
I will refresh on the pad in the stand sometimes tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.