New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what everyone is paying who belongs to a hunting club. I belong to a club that is just under 300 Acres in Zone # 2. We stock pheasants and chukars and we are of Semi-Wild Status. We pay roughly $750.00 with the aid of fund raisers. I think membership is around 15 guys. What do you guys pay and what are you getting for your money?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
$50/yr for my deer club membership, pays for gas and snacks in the trucks for shotgun week. Oh, and breakfast is included. We hunt about 3000 acres of private cranberry bog and blueberry farms as well as State land in Zones 19 & 23
I'm also involved in a lease of 450 acres of private land with 2 other guys. $1000.00 per year, so that's $333.33/man. Lotsa deer and the Blueberry farmer wants us to shoot " everyone of those &*%%$#%$%% Blue berry eaters" It's nice, 3 guys on 450+ acres. Sometimes we go weeks without running into each other :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
We have two farms one in zone 5 about 300 acres and the other farm in zone 8 about 800 acres this farm is also semi-wild. First year members pay $800.00 then $600.00 every year after if you want to hunt birds you pay for your own birds.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Where in zone 5?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Is that Double N on Mott Road?

·
Registered
545 Posts
480 per yr - 225 acres, in zone 10 Warren Cty -we stock 450-500 pheasant and a good amount of deer on property, property backs up to 1000 acres of state land

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
700 per year 325 acres in Warren County
20 guys
500 pheasant, chukars, quail, deer, ducks, and geese (blinds on the property)

only 6 guys in the club bow hunt

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
How many birds are you permitted to shoot on your clubs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The farm in Blairstown we had since 1990 when the other gun club broke up we took it over. Mansfield club was getting to small and we took them in and made it one club. About 20 members in all [up][up]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't believe you people pay to hunt!! There is so much public land to hunt. And, yes there are big bucks on private land, you just have to work at it. I would be ashamed of myself if I had to pay to hunt a damn deer. You can't eat the antlers.

B

·
0 Posts
Bo Hunter : do you know Dave Blackburn? I use to lease the farm he had in Sparta, they are building a church on it now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If that is the church right on 15, then yes. I knew the owners way before him. The name is somewhat common up here. Hell, the last county prosecutor was a Blackburn. At one time I knew most everyone (90%)in Sparta.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts