New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been hunting it for 3 years now and ive never seen so many stands in there like this year. usually like 8 or 9 stands but this year i counted over 20 and i havent even walked the whole place yet. hope there stands dont get stolen like mine did last year.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the place definetly hold some great bucks and the hunting pressure is usually very little in the early season. like i said for the last couple years ive only seen a handfull of stands and people hunting it in the early season, but this year it already seems like 6 day with the amount of people hunting it this year.

the deer seem to change their pattern every other day as the pressure increases. not even sure how to approach hunting it this year. as soon as the pressure builds all the deer head to safety up by the nature trail on the wall side and behind the recyling center on the brick side. im not even sure if im going to hunt it this year just seems like to much pressure already and the season hasnt even opened. also afriad to put out a stand b/c im afraid of someone stealing it as had happened in the past. ive lost trailcams and stands always at the opener of the pheasant season. cant afford to loose any gear this year. just dont make alot of money being in college lol

ive also had some aholes sabatoge my stands steal my cameras and slash my tires in the past. not sure if i want to put up with it this year. last year someone cut the pegs just enough so they would snap when ur halfway up the tree. freind took a nasty spill that morning but thankfully wasnt hurt

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Use a climber and use the pressure to your advantage. Find escape routes with pinch points and set up there.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Find escape routes with pinch points and set up there.
Thats fine for the first morning... maybe. But it sounds like the damage might already be done with that much human activity, they may have already escaped into the no hunting parts. Same as everywhere else this year. It's gonna be a tough go guys. Crossbows everywhere. [rofl]

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
yea exactly now every one wants to do cross bow drive like its a shot gun that improper use in my opinion but thats why the woods are going to seem like shot gun no offense but now all the shot gun hunters who didnt have the skill to shoot a bow went and got one i have nothing against older gental men/women that are starting to weaken in the shoulder and dont qualify for the obsolete handi cap permit. i pray no one stole my camera i got the master lock treestand lock it supposed to to be "indestructible"

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Crossbows everywhere.
public land guys are gonna have it worse now with the implemation..good luck guys go deep because they wont and sit all day because they wont;)

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
wow really i hunt there i never seen any one there i hunt off of ridge road i hope my cam didnt get stolen
I live a few blocks from the parking lot on ridge Rd. I saw a few does in the small field 2 nights ago. About 3 years ago I saw 3 really big bucks in that field for about a week in august. All were over 130 and the big one was pushing 160. Anyone know if they were taken?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.