New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often wonder when the debate comes up, to have a bear season or not.
How many bears do the anti's think NJ should have? The NJF&W says 3,000 now. OK, lets not have a hunting season. Do we have a hunting season when we reach 10,000? Where are all these bears going to live? I live sort of in the country (IT was very rural before all the city slickers moved in but now its building up) and we have bears around a lot. I can't let my children play out near the woods because despite what the anti's would try to make you believe.....I realize that these are BIG,BAD, WILD ANIMALS and I'm not willing to take my chances when it comes to my children[mad]. How many bears do the anti's living in the major city's (You know the ones that don't have bears in THIER back yard) think NJ can have before some child is eaten? As for the anti's that moved into the country and oppose the hunt (they have thier heads up thier ass[mad]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
1 bear per 2.5 square miles is the documented cultural carring capacity for bear habitat in NJ. Many areas now have 3+ per square mile.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Just my opinion but if we were allowed to cull 750-1000 bears a years. (I said allowed) not that this is going to happen unless someone has their numbers. wrong. In other words don't cut the season short. I think between the breeding and habitat loss we would have a viable hunting population and a low enough bear pop. so we may co-exist for years to come.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We should have enough bears to let me run them with my hounds. LOL F&G getting so many complaint should start giving out control permits ( I hope)

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
You guys don't get it. There's never enough bears. Bears have rights just like humans. Bears were here first. The bear population should be allowed to grow and if humans must leave the state due to over-crowding with our bear friends than so be it.

Ant

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if humans must leave the state due to over-crowding with our bear friends than so be it.

Sounds good to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts