New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hung 2 lock ons today and it took forever.. I used my harness with a lap belt it took me over 3 hrs to hang 2 stands.. That was hanging a ladder with it. I still have 2 lock ons and a ladder to hang before the season.... The kicker is they are all for my O'l man he is 63 and retired. I hope these stands pan out. I use the heck out of my Summit during the season. His using a climbing stand days are over.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Put up a ladder stand in under a half hour this morning. Took longer to carry all in to my spot then to set it all up lol.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
1-shot, did you put a camera on that ladder?

No, but I these gigantic chains to secure it with that are rated to hold over 60 tons tensile strength. I bought a new ladder section and am having the welder at work repair the old damaged one that was tampered with using a piece of bar stock inserted in the tube and seamed around. After what happened last week, I dont think we will have nearly as many problems as we did the past couple of seasons.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
i straped a set of ladder sticks and hung a double set in 25min. Not counting the trimming
I'm in my 50's and thats what it takes me now WTF is with you guys how many of you are trying to do this out of wheel chairs?[confused]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I hung 2 lock ons today and it took forever.. I used my harness with a lap belt it took me over 3 hrs to hang 2 stands.. That was hanging a ladder with it. I still have 2 lock ons and a ladder to hang before the season.... The kicker is they are all for my O'l man he is 63 and retired. I hope these stands pan out. I use the heck out of my Summit during the season. His using a climbing stand days are over.
http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article65010.htm
Just trying to help out here.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
About 3 minutes and a camera stand,but most of the time i hunt 3ft. off the ground. Not for everybody ,but quite the challenge.Requires scent control and have to be able to read deer body language well. Advantages,less trimming involved,more of a vital area,less sweat getting in stand,more safe,early season more leaf cover up high meaning less visibility,winter no cover up high can find ground cover,and the deer are always looking up..[hihi]

·
Registered
687 Posts
10 mins, i use my climber and haul it up and strap it and lock it on. Ladder is up in 10 mins also, i put them together on the ground, then i lean it to where its stable against the tree and work my way up tying off each and i up.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Takes me about 20 minutes. Here is my routine:
Climbing sticks:
1. Assemble climbing sticks on the ground,
2. Lean them against the tree
3. Secure them with straps as I go up the tree
Portable Stand (the more prep work you do on the ground, the easier it is to hang.
1. Take my loc on stand and bungee it closed.
2. Take two straps to secure it. A cam strap and ratchet. Ratchet goes on factory connections and the cam goes on bottom as an insurance policy. Make sure they are adjusted before you go up the tree.
3. Take another bungee cord up the tree with you.
4. Bungee the stand to the tree. It is easier to do this than try to connect the straps.
5. Once the stand is bungeed, I then secure the ratchet.
6. Release the bungee that held the stand closed. This will pivot the stand and secure it very tight to the tree.
7. Secure the cam strap to the bottom part.

Wear your fall protection. Most of the work is done on the ground. You don't want to fuss with the straps up in the tree. Bungees are my time and ENERGY savers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts