New Jersey Hunters banner

How early do you get on stand for a morning sit

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  Stego65 
#1 ·
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I like to be in my stand and ready to hunt at least 30-45 mins before first light

#10 ·
usually 45 min before first light but one time a buck I wanted would come into a field at 2 or 3am and stay in that field till day light, there was literally no way to get in there without spooking him so one morning I got in the stand at 1 am and got him that morning. I wouldn't do it again unless he would go in the record books.

#14 · (Edited)
Settled in at least an hour and a half before sunrise if not sooner. You can never be to early but a min to late may make a big difference. Just ask anyone who has ever missed a flight on a plane.
One of my brothers friends always spooked a buck he was after. One day he got into his stand at 3am and come legal time the buck was right there under his stand. Many times I have seen deer strolling under my stand at 5 ft if it wasn't for the light colored rocks I'd never have seen them. It told me to get further off the field.

#17 ·
I get in stand at least an hour before 1st light or I try not to go at all. Don't like to blow up my spots. There is one spot that I've gotten in stand 2-3 hours before first light because the deer like to eat the last hour or so of darkness over there a lot.

#22 ·
I'm another guy plays it way early. 1-1/2 locked in and quiet to me seems about right most times. You gotta remember you need to be quiet for quite a bit, set up before they're around. You need time to cool, finish dressing, etc. lots of times it can be a real wide approach not to spook deer so that's a consideration w time as is where they're coming from n when they most likely will show up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.