Discussion Starter #1
Title says most.

HOW: How do I get one and at what cost per pot

WHO: who do I apply/buy from

WHEN: when can I get one

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
lol they are impossible to get. they only give out so many and once you get it you keep it as long as you pay the fee. pretty much needs to be willed to you

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
You would have a better chance applying for a CCW [hihi]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you mean the commercial pots you can set out as a recreational crabber they are $2 permit which allows your to set 2 commercial pots you can get a permit at any sporting goods and you must attach your permit number to each pot .

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
if I remember correctly resident is $100 and non resident is $500 and there is only 300 and something commercial license almost all which are spoken for. at least that's what I remember

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
I got my notice for the lottery. Had to have my app in by april 7th. Don't know if the drawing has been held yet. As others have said they are almost impossible to get. My brother has a couple commercial licenses but the crab one still eludes him as well. On another note the crabbing has gotten off to one of the worst starts in the last 20 years. Prices are extremely high and catches are almost non existent. Id like to see an end to winter dredging of crabs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts