New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
House Passes Protection of
Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

President Bush expected to sign common-sense legal reform to stop "junk" lawsuits against firearms industry

NEWTOWN, Conn.--Congress took a historic step today toward ending "junk" lawsuits.

With a 283-144 bi-partisan vote, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a landmark bill to block lawsuits that seek to hold firearms manufacturers liable for the criminal misuse of their lawfully sold products. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (S. 397) will prevent wrongful civil liability lawsuits against law-abiding companies and end years of abuse of America’s legal system by industry opponents.

http://nssf.org/share/BP2/search/disp_BAK.cfm?AoI=generic&Iyr=2005&Bissue=102005SE.htm

·
Registered
568 Posts
Finally, passage of a bill that makes sense. The way people are manipulating the courts is rediculous. We have definitely turned into a "sue first, maybe use common sense later" society. Nobody takes personal responsibility anymore, everything is always someone elses fault. The liberal lawers (ugh, I dislike lawyers in general) tell us that the woman who drowned her three kids in a bathtub "has suffered enough already, her parents didn't love her enough, or they loved her too much" and all that B.S. I say enough with this garbage of blaming everyone else. It's time we started forcing people to take real responsibility for their actions. Don't coddle the criminals, punish them! Make people realize for every action there are reprecussions. Sorry to rant, but the subject of personal responsibility gets me fired up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts