New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened after 30 years of fishing it finally happened. Me and IMB21 were out doing a little fishing catching some nice pickrel, Crappie and some B [no swearing please] when Bammmm out of nowhere I feel this smack in the back of the head Ouch!

Mr. IMB21 was taking a cast and my 9 year old buzz bait that he was using impacted me in the back of the head and drove one of the treble hooks into the back of my head. Well after trying for about 20 min to get it out I took like 5 more cast's just cause I walked all the way to the spot so I figured I may as well I was there.

After that IMB21 drove me to the hospital where they had to shoot me up with numbing stuff and pulled it out. Then came the Tetanus shot.

So this was our day a fun one at that and we saw a Bear. Oh and IMB next time we go you can use any lure I have but look close there will be no hooks on them :)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have been hooked, but never in the head. Only with small hooks though. That must have hurt. Although the tetanus shot probaly hurt more.

·
11,226 Posts
Thats quite a picture I have going in my mind!!! You hanging out fishing with a lure hanging off your head and IMB21 standing there with a look of great concern on his face!!!!!!!:D[up]
Now thats good stuff!!!!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
We were gonna take a picure, the only funny part at the time was he had this huge lure hanging off the back of his head, but when we got back to his house it was starting to hurt and we cut the hook! We are going out sunday fluke fishing so i am gonna see if i can get a larger hook stuck somewhere else LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I't did hurt, but not until I got ome then we had to cut it off. I really wish I had the camerathat day. WHAT A PERFECT DAY FOR PICTURES.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well update on my head. Infection set in DR said they need to amputate. :) Na everything is okay healing up well. I must say my arm where they gave me the shot hurts more now then the hook in my head.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
This is too good not to bump up. Sorry Ian, sorry Sean.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
my dad has gotten hooked through the ear
Did he put an earring in afterwards?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
lol...no it was on the upper part of the ear where theres hard tissue...if he put an earing there id call him elton john...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts