New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for an outfitter in North Carolina, Virginia, or Maryland?
Any to avoid? I can tell you one to avoid. Honey Hole Outfitters in North Carolina. Poor service, stands burnt out, poor condition.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Another outfitter to avoid in NC is Carolina Whitetail Outfitters. They claim to have over 2000 acres under exclusive lease which turned out to be BS. they just kept rotating each guy to the same stands to give the illusion of hunting a large area. Also dogs were allowed to run deer on the property. The deer were completely spooked and only moved at night if at all. When I confronted the owner of the business as to why there was absolutely no deer sign he told me that foxes eat the droppings which is why I didn't see any and the tracks do not hold in the soil down there!! These crooks usually operate a booth at the Edison show which is where I booked my hunt. Their names are George and Dale. Be forwarned

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
I'm working on some big time deals to go to Virginia and West Virgina turkey hunting this spring. In Virginia you can hunt all day Im told in the area I'm going.My dog breeder told me of a farm in West Virginia that there are no deer hunters on his property that is loaded with cruisers which I find it hard to beleive but since I know him I trust his word. He told he goes there and shoots does with his wife and won't shot any bucks. I have duck hunted with him and he had raised my dag thats an awsome dog.I hooked up with another boy in West Virginia because of my dog and am researching him out because he is a bird man and has just started to deer hunt and bear hunt his property. I am looking into both and will be talking to them about being there booking agent if it gets started. I am planing on taking one or two guys with me to research these propertys.Will keep you guys advised as it progress's.

Cat

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Weyers cave Va. The breeder told me they just changed it to Inc. all day in his area and were testing it out for a couple years. Its below the Schanadoa Valley. I hope he's right he wanted me to come down with him last year there. This year I think I'll take him up on it. When I duck hunted with him in October a flock of about 20 birds came in behind us at the pond we set. He told me thats nothing there like chickens up on the mountain.I hunted with him the after noon I went to pick up my dog from training. I seen some big bodied deer down there as well and the two drake mallards were huge I got. I had never shot any thing that big up north and have killed my share of ducks when I was young.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts