New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after months of trying to hook up, I finally got together with Gonoles31 to have him shoot on my range. He needed to sight in his muzzleloader and I needed to do some work on my Contender Handgun. It's really a pleasure to put a face to a computer name. It's an even more pleasant experience to have that person turn out to be a great guy. We had an enjoyable afternoon, working with the guns. It's nice to have a 100yd. range right in your back yard.
The photos below show the range and one shot shows Brian just as he touches off a shot.

The next shot shows my Contender Hand Cannon in full recoil. Yea, it's a real handfull. The caliber is .375 JDJ. It's a .444Marlin necked down to .37 cal. shooting a 270gr. bullet at over 2000fps.

To give you a comparison, this photo shows the JDJ round next to a standard .223 rd.
I'm thaking this monster boar hunting in Feb.

And if your wondering, everyone else there wussed out on trying the Hand Cannon, something was being winned about needing their wrists in the future :p

Note *** please excuse any typing errors cause I'm not use to typing with my left hand :D:D:D

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Just got back from hunting...First of all, THANK YOU Paul for a great day...thanks for opening up your range (and your home) to me...I had a blast meeting you and Bill...I'm positive we will be hooking up for some more shooting and hunting in the near future...I told my daughter about the horses and fishing and she almost fainted:)...she can't wait!!!

ps...thanks for not mentioning the fact that I should change my screen name to "primer boy" or "mis-fire man" or or or...:D:D

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How accurate is it?
On a good day, and with me doing my part it will do 1 1/2 " at 100yds. But it ain't no plinking gun !! The pix shows it at about mid point on the recoil.And I've NEVER fired it without ear protection, even when hunting. These guns have been used to take Cape Buffalo. They are custom made by J.D. Jones , SSK Industries. My dream hunt is A KODIAK BEAR, A SINGLE SHOT HANDGUN, and ME. And this is the gun to do it with.
Your welcome to try it anytime. My range is always open to fellow hunters

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My dream hunt is A KODIAK BEAR
I got my Kodiak application sent in for this spring! When you're ready to go let me know... I know a great outfitter. One good way to experience Kodiak without the expense of a brown bear hunt is to go for the blacktails on the island. November is prime rut time there and MOST of the bears have denned up by then :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts