New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you that don't know what Vino means, look it up. I was at a party the other day and they were serving this Vino. It taste so good that my wife had to be carry out, of course I was right behind her to make sure that both of us din'd fall. I asked around and found out that the Vino was actually made at home by the girlfriend of an individual that was at the party (have to get another glass) I'm back, ok lets see were is I. Anyway I corner the guys girlfriend (he stood next to me, boy was that boy big) and I begged her to give me the recipe. Here it goes

You take a gallon of Apple cider (filter it)
half a gallon of Apple juices
7 cinnamon sticks
21/2 cups of sugar
Put it all in a pot and bring to a boil, when it comes to a boil bring it down to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Let it cool for about 15 minutes and add a pint of ever clear 190 proof. While the wife is not looking put the whole bottle of everlclear in.
After if has completly cooled, filter the brew, you can use coffe filters, but I used cheese cloth to get the first crap out and then I use the coffe filters.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot, it gets better with age, right now I'm spinning:D:D
and its 2 and half cups of sugar. Just din'd look good on the first post.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Yo in or out of the club I need some Tony. The last time my father and I and one of the fellows that fished with us brought a boat down from Shark River in the spring my dad bought I was 13. My father and our friend were so drunk my pop turned over the wheel as we were coming up the intercoastale at LBI into Morrisons marina and he haded me the wheel.He said your going to have to take her in.I was a little tipsy my self and there were no bouys out to navigate by. I slowed her down and rubbed bottom and had to sit there for a 1/2 out side the peir till the tide rose so I could get off. That Vino was so awsome and was made buy that german fellow. We had it for years till he passed away. He took the recipe with him.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cat that is why you are such a good Captain. We will see this year with the stripers. As soon as I get done with this batch, I'm going to start making another couple of gallons, stuff sure goes downs smooth.
Kris leaving for the cruise on the 28, be going to Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, and who know were else. I will be snicking back some of the real Mckois.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I have 5 gallons of sour cherry wine that says different,
I'm not familiar with home-made cherry wine so I won't comment.

Red wine made of grapes varies a bit every year but we've never had a problem. In fact my dad makes red wine vinegar that also has an excellent taste.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.