New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my cheap ladder stand missing over at Holmdel Park. I barely hunted the stand this year. When I was scouting out the deer activity, I noticed my stand was missing as well as two other peoples stands along the creek. I'm not sure if the other two people just moved their stand or got it stolen.

If anyone else here got their stand stolen please let me know, so I can let the rangers know about it along with the shotgun shells I saw on the ground while scouting.

Although I was tracking below average deer activity, I am not going to stop hunting the area.

If anyone decides to setup there be sure to lock your stands. I don't know who would go through the effort of steeling a stand I got for under $40.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I don't know who would go through the effort of steeling a stand I got for under $40.
The guy who doesn't want to pay 40 bux [ko]

Is there a date the stands are supposed to be removed?

Are you allowed to leave stands up between hunts?

You should have reported it the day you were there.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Read the rules that came with your permit before you go any further.

Did you have your permit # posted on your stand? If not Ranger may have taken it down.

Stands are allowed to be posted on the parks during the season but they do need to be removed by a certain time. Not sure on details off hand look at your permit guidelines.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Holmdel is part of monmouth county parks system. you can put a stand up 2 weeks prior to the start of the season and remove it 2 weeks after the last day of the season.. you must purchase a permit from the parks and you will recieve a permit # that # is to be placed on your stand if not the rangers have the right to remove your stand .

·
Registered
973 Posts
Shells that are there were from the first year the park was open for the deer management program. It was doe only and shotguns were only allowed.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
yea, last year i didn't have any problems in there, but this year im having stuff stolen from my stand left and right like a couple climbing sticks, my bow holder, the part of my stand that you place against the tree, and even my friggin D ring someone stole. I can't believe this that park is getting too crowded and the deer have sensed it and moved out

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
They stole the part that you place against the tree on my dad's stand in holmdel park too. Its more of a pain than anything else and just annoying.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
A stand can be taken down by park personnel if it is within 50 ft of a marked trail. They will usually get in contact with you by the info you provided on your application.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
yea I can't belive they stole that part from my stand, the deer aren't really moving through the park like they were last year

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I was definitely within all the rules of the park. I don't think park rangers would leave rope on the ground. I set up a $20 stand, lets see if they take that. I'll be doing a hunt tomorrow in a new spot.

The shotgun shell I saw could have been an older one I'll give it a check tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts