New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Christmas eve our tradition has been no meat. Flounder, shrimp, scallops, stuffed shells and all the fixens.
Christams day is loaded with more good stuff. Ham, turkey, stuffed cabbage, pierogies, kielbasy and sauerkraut, borsch and mushroom soups and more fixens.
Man I'm hungry now!

What do you guys have?

G

·
On the CHRISTMAS EVE we have fish, fish, and more fish

on CHRISTMAS DAY we have Pasta with meatballs, sausage, ham/turkey and all that good stuff that goes along, and of course the italian pastries

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Puerto Rican tradition: Rice and peas, Pasteles (stuff plantain, Penil (Roast Pork) Yuca ....tostones.

Special liquor Coqito (3 milks/cinnimmon, cloves,anis..and more stuff! Man I'm hungry now!

Hope I spelled some of this stuff right!

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Lobster on the eve.

Turkey, Ham, Manicotti etc..

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Christmas Eve is usually sandwiches and salads. This Christmas my wife and I are hosting our families. We are starting out with Kiesch and mamosa's in the morning. Shrimp, cheese and crackers, etc throughout the day. And for dinner we are having ham, fried turkey, mashed potatos, candied carrots, green bieans. Dessert, various cookies and pies with Drambuie or Amaretto.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Christmas eve we have shrimp, crabcakes, smelts cod fish salad, scallops, smelt, and pasta. Christmas we get drunk and i dont remeber what i eat. I'll try to examine it when it comes up later that night. :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
All of these Italian fish dinners sound so good and bring back some GREAT memories!!!...Damn I miss dating Italian girls around X-mas time!!![sad]

I still have a few days left to go out and get me one, though...Let the hunt begin...Two legged Italian whitetail!!!![smirk][cool][up]

G

·
I just thought about something....All this eating for 2 days in a row, how the hell are we going to hunt on MONDAY for the ones that are going?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts