New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from my "Hunt" at Iland adventure hunts in Bainbridge Pa. Before the crap flies, I was aware what I was in for so don't bother with the whole "it's not a hunt" thing thanks.

I had a great time with some great folks and will go again next year!.

I got there about 8 a.m just as they started to ferry everyone to the island. I met 6 other folks there, A good guy by the Name of "Doc" and his grandson Dakota andthier friend Craig. I also meet a fellow NJH'er on the hunt by the name of Adam though I forgot his handle.....sorry.

Also a fellow by the name of Bob and his buddy who's name I also forgot!!! I'm real bad with names so sorry in advance! Our guides for the day where George and Fred.

We set up in a line like a drive and headed out in search of 6 hogs and a ram.

Bob scored first on a neat looking corcican ram.

Then Dakota and his buddy Craig scored on a pair of hogs, Dakota making an expert head shot and drpping the big sow in her tracks!!

Then it was my turn, we found a pair of hogs sunning themselves on a ridge but they where laying down. one guy went around to get a shot at one of them in hopes the other would stand and give me a bow shot.

the feollw who's name i forgot put a head shot on the one hog and as planned the second bigger hog stood up but made a break for it and did'nt offer me a shot.

The hog made it's way past Fellow NJH'er Adam and stopped broadside some distance away and he made a beautiful shot with his fathers 1958 featherlite model 70 and dropped a big sow in her tracks!!! for his first big game harvest!!! SWEET!!!!

The blooding cerimony!!

Later in the day we came accross the last pair of hogs and they where on the move!

Dakota's Grampa told him to go get it! and he laid it out with another well placed shot! Man can that kid SHOOT!!! at 12 years old he looks like he was at it for 20 years!!![up]

And bringing up the rear was yours truly!

I had a shot at a hog, about 20 yards in some thick stuff, I tried to sneak a shot through but it got deflected and I missed.

soon after I got another chance at this hog, it was quarterd away about 20 or so yards but very alert. Just as I let the arrow go she took a few steps forword and the shot went back into a ham angling in to the body, I quickly got a follow up shot sending a shaft through the boiler. She took 4 steps and piled up.

I'll post some more pix tomorrow, I'm just way to beat right now.

It was a great time with some top notch people and I'll go again in a heart beat!![up]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Very cool bro

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Very cool bro

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Glad to see that you and the others had a good time.

Congratulations [up][up]

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a fun time today and good to meet you, Paul. I can't wait to get the pork back from Tom. I think I'm gonna wrap my bacon in bacon and then deep fry it. Let me know if you want to go back next year.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
looks like you had a great time paul[up] was thinking of doing it my self but i do see their farm pigs and not wild boar tioga wants like $500 for boar
maybe next year

this is their rates a little picey
Hunt Discounted Cash Price
Russian/European Boar Management Hunt $550 (70-100 Lbs) WHEN AVAILABLE
Russian/European Boar Regular Hunt $650 (101-160 Lbs)
Russian/European Boar Trophy Hunt $750 (160-290 Lbs or Trophy Male)
Russian/European Boar Super Trophy Hunt $900 & Up (300 + Lbs) WHEN AVAILABLABLE
Whitetail Buck Click Here
Elk Bull Click Here
Red Stag Click Here
Buffalo $1500.00 & Up
Fallow Buck Click Here
Sika Buck $1800.00 & Up
Rocky Mtn. Ram $700.00
Spanish Goat $650.00
Corsican Ram $650.00 & Up
Texas Dall Ram $650.00 & Up
Black Hawaiin $650.00 & Up
Pure Mouflon $1000.00 & Up
Turkey up to 6" Beard $300.00
Turkey over 6" Beard $425.00
Elk Cow $1200.00, $1500.00, And $1700.00 Based On Size
Whitetail Doe $400.00 & Up
Fallow Doe $350.00
Exotics POR
Grounds Fee (non-hunters) $60.00
Skinned and Caped for Mounting,
Cutting,Boxing Meat, and Ice
(Boar, Rams, and Deer) $100.00

on mores site they call them wid boar i dont thik so

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kevin, that's why I went here. I shot a real boar already, now I just want more meat for the money!![ko][rofl]

VMI95, I'm down for next year for sure but won't know till this time next year![ko]

what you need to do is take some bacon and wrap it in bacon then stuff it into more bacon and then fry it all!!![tasty]

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
were did you go for a real boar paul and how much i might just visit my cousin in fl spend a few day visiting her and do some fishing and hog hunting
but thats money to getting their license or a guideed hunt shes near tampa but central fl is better

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kevin at stony fork hunts in pa, anyway in FL if you go guided on private land then no licence needed and it's all year round. I don't know what they get though. I thought I saw oceaola outfitters offering hogs for 150 but don't quiote me on that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.