New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, planning on taking the pup and the ol' lady for a hike in Stokes this weekend, any ideas on what trails are better? thanks

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
start at blue lakes behind buttermilk falls.fairly easly walking and plenty to see

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys,,, as far as bear spray, I always have it with me, its made by Glock![hihi]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, i think we'll take the Blue Mt lake trail

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
If i were you i would park at the bottom of sunrise mountain the parking area just off of 206. Walk towards the pavillion about 300 yards from parking area, take the first trail you see on your right. The first part of the trail is straight up but then you come to an opening and you can see kittitany lake on one side and culvers on the other then you can tontinue on the spine of the mountain all the wya to the pavillion if you want, Awesome veiw and not many people, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
hiked from the sunrise mt. pavillion to decertown twpk a few weeks ago. plenty of berries, walked up to about 12 yards away and had a nice conversation with a 200lb black bear. good hike.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i fish the whole flatbrook from by 206 down through walpack great fishin the whole way through

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Fished from old mine road down in the summer - mainly smallie water then
my friend 'yukonpetey' actually had a large striper chasing a hooked smallie right at the confluence with the big D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts