New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday, Highguy my best buck of the 2008 bow season came home from the taxidermist. John Janelli of Union mounted him for me and I was very happy to finally get him back and up on my wall. I was very concerned that there would be a real problem mounting him as I let him lay over night after shooting him and when I found him some critter had chewed off the top half of his right ear. John assured me that he could repair it and that Highguy would come out looking great. Well thats exactly what he did. I was very happy with Johns work and how he repaired the ear. The bottom of the ear is actually Highguy's and the top was a piece of another deer ear John cut and matched to Highguys and put it on. You cannot see the repair when you look at him unless you check it from behind and even then, if you were not looking for the repair you would probably not even notice it. It is really nice to see this great looking unusually high racked buck up on my wall and I will enjoy him and all the memories of taking him with my bow for years to come. Thank you John![up][up][up]:D

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up] wow thats one heck of a buck! congrats and the mount looks great

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Awesome buck! That is great taxidermy. Great repair work.

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
Very nice buck, Greg. Like that rack also. [up] Great looking mount. [up]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Nice mount, Jason said its awesome! I agree, any time you pattern a buck for so long and set your sights on him, finally taking him is the ultimate. I'm happy for you pop, John did do a nice job repairing that ear for sure. Congrats again on Highguy! Can't wait to see what bucks we are going to be after prior to this upcoming season?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Thats a great deer[up]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts