New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
4 years ago was a long time ago....ive hunted there the last 4 years...the last few years have been worse then the prior...theres alot less deer there then there was 4 years ago

B

·
0 Posts
I know of guys that hunted it since it was it first opened, at first they saw a ton of deer, now its hard to see one

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
move deeper into the woods that will help that most hunters never go passed 100 yrds from their truck

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
A couple years ago it was open for the bear hunt only and we drove it most of the week for bears.We were getting back in the thick,nasty swamps and putting on major drives.When it was all over with we were suprised by the lack of deer sightings.We saw tons of coyotes and killed 3 bears.There is no "deep" woods in there as it is littered with park roads and gaslines whitch made driving it a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
GSPOTTER, I don't remember High Point State Park being open to bear hunting , just the controlled deer hunts with the muzzle loader the past 5 or 6 years. My friend has hunted High Point since the first year it opened, he lives 20 minutes away, seen more bear than deer last two years, but never mentioned a bear hunt in the park[confused].

·
Registered
876 Posts
The year the bear hunt was on High Point was opened to bear hunting only for the 6-day period. It wasn't very well publicized and few people knew about it.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
luv2hunt,It was open to bear hunting only and we had it to ourselves.No one else was allowed in.The only other guys we ran into was a guy named Rich Cole who shot a 530something pounder that I missed[sad]and the father of Kelcey Burgess the state bear biologist.It was a good time except for missing a [email protected] bear.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well I guess like Stealthy said, it wasn't very well publicized. I don't know if it was publicized at all?[confused] I'll tell you what, if a bear hunt is passed this year, I know I'll check into it myself if I have to.;) I hunted there the first two years of the deer muzzle loader hunt, and I saw plenty of bruins.;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Tail chaser, shoot me an email, I can tell you some spots up there for deer. Dont listen to the "theres no deer there" line. Simply not true.;)

Good to see you at the picnic too, glad you came out!

[email protected]

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
wasn't there a guy doing payed hunts up that way?I could swear I read about that a few years ago.It said the property butted up against high point state park.

B

·
0 Posts
buckfever remember that property we looked at that was next to Highpoint? It was Ok

1 - 18 of 18 Posts