New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Didnt go the last 2 seasons.Not to many deer left.Shooting antlerless before a buck took its toll.Still a handful around.I remember seeing 5to20 a day.Last time I hunted it hunted hard for 2 days saw 2 scrub bucks and not 1 doe.Very sad.Just another way for NJ to collect some money.They should close it to muzzy and keep it open for bow.With a 1 deer limit hunters choice.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
No, the forest up there was very sad. Due to the damage that the deer herd did. It's gonna takes years for that forest to recover and it can only happen if the herd is kept real low.

·
Registered
714 Posts
the poachers took care of the herd......the forest is fine,i have land up there.....there is plenty of growth,in the forest that is left.The development of housing and poachers is what killed it there....there used to be tons of farm land there,now there is less then 20 % of what used to be there.....All the people that bought houses there dont want deer eating their flowers and shrubs so they f ing kill everything...They should have stayed in the city were they came from if they dont like the wildlife.[mad]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts