Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I think i just made my life more difficult bc i wasn't completely aware of my past history. In 1996 a friend of a friend had stolen my Walkman. long story short, i went to his baseball practice and took his sneakers, thinking i could get back my stuff that way. I went into his locker at his school. The school pressed charges, and i pleaded the lesser charge of defiant trespass and theft. I wholeheartedly did not know it was a criminal record.
Then about a year and a half ago I have i went to a psychiatrist bc i was under allot of stress. So he was like let try these meds and see if you feel better. so for the better part of that time ive been on them. with no defined diagnosis. the doctor told me that there is no test that can diagnose you so the meds he gave me treat a general spectrum of symptoms. So again i never thought anything of it.

Now last October i had a get together and got drunk AT HOME. I was on the phone with a friend and tripped and hit my head.. My friend came over and shes a very tiny woman. she couldnt get me up. so she dialed 911 and i awoke the next day in the hospital mostly angry that i was there. But thats another story.
with that behind me I went to florida to my brother and he took me to the range for the first time. I loved it! Total stress relief! anyway i came home and applied for my Nj FID and a pistol permit. and well all this crap came back as the reason for denial. So i know i did't do myself any favors. I honestly didn't think any of this would be an issue. Lesson learned!! So basically at this point i'm sure i need an attorney. but the drinking thing and the Dr. visits? My Dr will most certain write a letter of whatever i may need stating im not a threat to myself or anyone. but i was looking for some input as to exactly how much of a mess I'm in. If i don't appeal can i never apply again? how many times can i apply? I have been going to Shore shot in Lakewood NJ. The are a really nice group of people. but it gets pricey and its an hour drive for me..Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions in advance.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Do a search for on this site for the attorney specializing in firearms. He might be able to help but proabably not you made a lot of procedural mistakes, notably not getting the sneaker incident expunged from your record and getting the Psch concern cleared up by a recent evaluation. If there are still Psych issues and it looks like it from the way you wrote your post, you should not have a gun. GL. None of us can help.....you need a (good)lawyer if you want a gun in NJ.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Do a search for on this site for the attorney specializing in firearms
[lol]

As if search actually worked....

I have been going to Shore shot in Lakewood NJ.
Yea... Sorry, but since you've been turned down for a NJ FPID you are not allowed to handle a firearm in NJ anymore.

You need a gun lawyer and lots of cash. Or, move out of NJ.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Paint ball maybe...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The school pressed charges, and i pleaded the lesser charge of defiant trespass and theft. I wholeheartedly did not know it was a criminal record.
I love that one.

When isn't theft criminal????

This has to be a troll.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.