New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you happen to get a chance to look at my run over bow? I'm just asking to see if you can save it. or should I be looking for a new bow? ( when I can afford it that is)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I just got to it today Scrubby, I havent had a chance to check the riser with the laser yet, but I can already see it will need new limbs and new cams.

Unfortunately you will probably be better off buying a new bow.:(

If you want to get used replacement parts I can help you go that route. People sell XT2000 limbs and Cam.5 cams quite often. You're looking at about $100 for used limbs, and $80 for used cams.

If you want to go with new stuff, it will be about $200 for limbs and a little over $100 for cams.

I can talk to you about it more tomorrow. I'll probably call you around midday on your cell.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Hey matty,I'm looking at buying a Matthews SB nest year,does your shop deal with Matthews?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dbuck, unfortunately no! Matthews are nice bows, but they have restrictions on how close one shop can be to another. Simon Peter is too close to us for us to deal with Matthews.:eek:

Nick is carrying PSE, Hoyt, Bowtech, and Parker (maybe another brand too, but I cant remember) He also sells Reflex, but I dont think he will be carrying them in stock (you can order them through him)

I would look at Hoyt and Bowtech as well as the Matthews bows. They all make some real sweet shooting rigs![up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, I was hoping I could save at least 1 limb and 1 cam. Both sides were screwed up?? Well bud just let me know if you can at least save one side.. Man this week has been the SUCK!!!!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Parker Pheonix=Nice bow

SRB, you can salvage one side, but thats not the proper way to do it. When you replace limbs, you replace both sides. You need XT2000 limbs with a deflection number of 72.

At first look, I thought the lower cam was bent, but they actually look like they might be ok. The bearings will need to be replaced though.

Also, I still havent checked it with a laser, but your riser looks to be bent. :( If it is, that'll basically be the end of that bow. Sorry to to be the bearer of bad news.:eek:

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geeze pal just kick me the nads why dont you....:D

What can you do Matt? Its not your fault. I am just really pissed at myself.. Man I loved that bow..My head was really up my [no swearing please] the day I ran it over.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
SRB,

Forget the mathews and buy a BOWTECH! I love my constitution! Fast, quiet and holds great on a target. I hear the Alliegence is fantastic, but they do not have it in my long draw lenght.

Go shoot some up at the shop with Matty, you will love it!

-dan

·
Registered
131 Posts
matt, hello! im new to this forum. several months ago i dropped my bow off at billy bobs for a tune up, i hadnt shot in some time and wanted someone to give it a once over. any way, as you know, he went out of business....now, how the F do i go about getting my bow back, tuned or not?
thanks in advance.
steve

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
104sman,

I will talk to Nick, the owner of East Link, he might have a number for you to call. I know the owner of Billy Bobs opened a shop in Michigan or Minnesota or somewhere up there. So Im sure you can get your bow back.

Guttpile, I work for East Link Customs Bait & Tackle. Its located in Landing.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Gunny,

I shoot a Parker Pheonix 34..It is a sweet bow. I liked it better than the Matthews Outback and it shoots better than my Hoyt, for me anyway..Bought it last summer and have taken 7 deer and 1 bear..I also kicked a** on 3D this year..I recommend it highly..I put a Trophy Ridge drop zone rest and Extreme sights on the bow instead of thier outfitters package. That is a GREAT price..

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
DBuck Targeeteers on 46 w in Saddlebrook carries the switchback. Robert is tops over there.

101 rt 46 w 201-843-7788
Closed mon. Tues- Fri 12-9 pm Sat 11-6 Sun 11-4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts