New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did you do the european mount yourself or did you have the taxidermist do it for you? if so how much did it run you?

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Woj,

This one was done by a friend,(he works as a professional taxidermist but was kind enough to do mine outside of his regular business)..cost 150$

My other one I did 90% of the work myself but for numerous reasons could not completly finish. I sent the skull with 98% of the flesh removed to a taxidermist that finished it with beatles and mounted it for 75$.
http://www.skulltaxidermy.com/skulgallery.html

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
The skull tax.site was awsome. Was thinking about bronzing my lion skull because it was bronze for safari club.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a bit of a pain doing it myself. maybe next time i'll send it out to get done. still boiling and cleaning.[mad]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
it is a bit of a pain doing it myself
Absolutely agreed. After working on the first one I came to the decision that it was not worth the time and energy. In most cases the taxidermists final product is far superior to what I could accomplish at home.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
they make skull brighteners, cleaners, ect.

and im almost Positive you can get a plastic skull looks really good. your antlers would just screw on to the fake skull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts