New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was out Hunting behind your Uncles House after I left your Moms house, and this fellow came by. Theres actually several Bucks. He was the biggest.
I let a 6 pointer walk past me at 30 yards. Then he used the same Trail as the 6 pointer. I was tucked into a blow down. They had no idea I was there. I shot him right thru the shoulder.
Im using an Excalibur Phoenix right now, and the bolt went thru the bone and snapped off inside him. This xbow is 175 pnd draw weight. My Equinox was 220'. Although considering where I hit him, I think it would have been same result.
He didnt go far, about 50 yards. When I approached him he played possum,,,, then jump up and we got into a Karate fight. Luckly for me I remembered my military training,, and got him in a choke hold, then put my hand over his nose and held it so he couldnt breath,,,and he went to the forest in the sky.
Im very happy with this Buck. Especially since I shot him on state land.

·
Registered
431 Posts
.....congrats are in order![up]

Anthony:)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was out Hunting behind your Uncles House after I left your Moms house, and this fellow came by. Theres actually several Bucks. He was the biggest.
I let a 6 pointer walk past me at 30 yards. Then he used the same Trail as the 6 pointer. I was tucked into a blow down. They had no idea I was there. I shot him right thru the shoulder.
Im using an Excalibur Phoenix right now, and the bolt went thru the bone and snapped off inside him. This xbow is 175 pnd draw weight. My Equinox was 220'. Although considering where I hit him, I think it would have been same result.
He didnt go far, about 50 yards. When I approached him he played possum,,,, then jump up and we got into a Karate fight. Luckly for me I remembered my military training,, and got him in a choke hold, then put my hand over his nose and held it so he couldnt breath,,,and he went to the forest in the sky.
Im very happy with this Buck. Especially since I shot him on state land.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Nice deer, amusing story, congratulations. [up]Wouldn't it have been simpler to put another bolt in him than going hand-to hand out in the middle of the woods? I can only imagine getting stabbed in the wing-wang with those antlers.:ko:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Nice buck and excellent finishing move. [up] My only objection is that you should have whispered "shh, shh" in his ear as you choked him out and he took his last breaths. It's the most humane way to put them down

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.