New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe, was that you behind me on Saturday? I had a Toyota Tocoma that looked like yours with an FOP shield in the window. There was the same truck following also. I turned right onto 206 from the federal property. They followed and turned into the Hainesville General Store.

B

·
0 Posts
Yes that was us, brownstones was behind me. We stopped to get some coffee and a sandwhich, A guy there had a really nice 8 pointer in his truck. They make good sandwiches there..........You should of pulled in and introduce yourself[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about it, but my dad and I were heading home. Dad had to go to work. I thought you may have gotten something. I saw a guy got atleast a six near the fields at Flatbrook. I only saw one side of the antlers as it was lying on the side of the road. You going back up this week?

B

·
0 Posts
I should be there sometime this week, weather is going to be Shi**y the next few days, Saturday is my last day of vacation, until the week of shotgun Im off that whole week.

There was no shooting near us, and we saw birds while we drove in on the side of the road. There was no deer movement I only saw 5 deer, once agian under me but all small

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you take 206 all the way or do you cut through Flatbrook?
There didn't seem to be a lot of guys up that way. A lot of corn fields, but not enough guys to hunt it effectively.

B

·
0 Posts
When we go up from LODI, we make a left off 206 just where you see that long white fence, we also come home that way, but Saturday we just wanted to see how many hunters where in the corn fields near 206, and we saw ZERO

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there are many birds in the fields near 206. I have never seen birds there. I see them closer to Digmans.

B

·
0 Posts
I saw 4 birds at 4:10 am near the fields where OLD MINE RD. and JAGER RD. meet matter of fact the birds where on the road not in the field, same place I saw 2 grouse:p

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they were in the road, they are in a freezer now.

B

·
0 Posts
To be honest this year there was maybe 20 shots I heard from 8 am till 8:15 am, then all silent

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There wasn't much by me either. However, I did get rained on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts