New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 families and my clan want to go to Hershey park n camp but the main campground already booked their cabins. Lol, yeah, this crew, besides me, needs cabins.

Jus wondering if anyone can recommend a campground thats relatively close to the park. If it doesn't have cabins my pal has a hook to rent a few RVs for cheap.

Also, any fishin advice out there wud b appreciated. I always wanted to smallmouth fish the susquehana.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've only fished that river once and it was about 20 miles south of Harrisburg by Columbia. On the recommendation of a local shop I tried some Keitech 3" swing impact on little jigheads. I only caught a few, I think the exact number was 4, but the ones I did catch were BIG, ranging from about 18"-21". Again this was the only time I fished there so it could have just been a lucky day but I was really surprised at how big the fish were and even more surprised that I did not catch one small one.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
If your fishing the susky from shore you can use small jigs and twisters, minnows or small rapalas. by that time of the year you can wet wade it. just watch for holes or you will be swimming the susky. you can fish above Harrisburg off 322.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Are all the tent spots taken up too or are cabins a must have? I'll be tent camping at Hershey's campground the end of June.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edejong, I called today n there tent n RV spots available at Hershey camping resort which is a mile from the park. I found a campground 15 mins away that has cabins, n yes, this crew I'm going w are not quite outdoorsy n need cabins. I will probably b sleeping under the stars!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
are these campsites available in 2020 during the pandemic? anyone knows? I'd really love to go on a long journey with my rv across the country, however I'm not sure that any campsites are available and also I'm pretty scared that this action may turn out to be illegal or some kind of that stuff. You know, nowadays, in this situation our rights and rules, laws are being created every minute, you should expect the worst things. However, my strong wish to go on a such trip is really eating me out, I've already purchased a special rv fridge owing to https://www.palmgear.com/best-rv-refrigerator-reviews/ and I'm pretty excited to try it in action. Ugh, when will this shit with coronavirus end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts