New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by for the first time today after passing by countless numbers of times. Pretty nice little shop. Good selection of stuff. Nice people. Although they didn't have what I needed (arrow squaring tool) I did walk away with a $160 Glen Del Buck target for $127. They have some great sales going on right now. Just a fyi.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Which one?
the one in easton can eat a bag of dicks.
One line for everything. Range, ammo purchases, etc all go to one line.
30 minutes to checkout last Saturday for the ditz behind the counter to grab me a box of ammo.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Which one?
the one in easton can eat a bag of dicks.
One line for everything. Range, ammo purchases, etc all go to one line.
30 minutes to checkout last Saturday for the ditz behind the counter to grab me a box of ammo.
Branchburg one guys are real friendly and knowledgeable!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Drove down to Rahway shop after calling and being told they had something in stock. Only to find out, nope, didn't have it in stock. Not sure about the archery guys in Branchburg but the firearm guys suck. Too expensive and their service is terrible. I actually had a person leave the counter while there were three of us waiting only to return 15 minutes later, while we were still waiting, with coffee from the QuickCheck on the corner. Then she proceeds to give an attitude to the first customer waiting. It was laughable. Never buying there again if I can help it.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Been to the archery section a few times at the Branchburg location.
What little they lacked in Knowledge was def made up for by the extra effort they showed to help each and every customer out.

They have a decent selection for a tiny shop, and in todays times,having limited buying power I thought their prices were fair

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
As for the branchburg archery department, if you know more then them then it's probbably not bad bc you can coach them from a few feet away BUT if you are an inexperienced archer they will screw you. heard way to many stories.
Strictly archery on the other hand turns people off bc they do not compromise on setting up your bow properly, it's either their way which the majority of times is the right way or the highway

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't bring my bow there for anything but minor stuff. Peep, d loop, stuff like that. But they did have a decent selection of products and they were nice to me. Idk about the gun area

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've been to the branchburg store a few times. always seemed friendly when I walk in, ask me if I need help. I know what I need so never really needed their knowledge or advise so I can't really comment on that. Some prices seem ok, some a little high. I looked for shooting sticks for my uncle and the price was more than double online prices elsewhere.

That being said, I almost bought a savage 220 and the price was right on. It's nice to have a local store to browse in. As a small business owner myself I do try and support them and send people their way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's hasn't been the same since Shawn and Mike left. I had a new string put on I had to go back three times before they got it right. I will be going back to Strickly Archery for anything major. It's ashame, they used to be a great place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.