New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this quote posted in a coworker's office and had to share it...

"When the Pilgrims first landed here, this country was being run by Indians. They had clear streams and lakes, unpolluted air, vast forests, endless gr [no swearing please] plains, and wildlife of all kinds. They paid no taxes, and the women did all the work. We, the intruders, had the infinite gall to think we could improve on that."

What were we thinking? I figured you all could appreciate that one.:D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
"When the Pilgrims first landed here, this country was being run by Indians. They had clear streams and lakes, unpolluted air, vast forests, endless gr [no swearing please] plains, and wildlife of all kinds. They paid no taxes, and the women did all the work. We, the intruders, had the infinite gall to think we could improve on that."

What were we thinking? I figured you all could appreciate that one.
But we were CIVILIZED[confused]....

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Actually the pilgrims just came here to farm and have religious freedom.

Later on people came here because they thought there was an economic incentive to be here.

Thats when things started going to hell in a handbasket. As soon as you make a buck, someone else gets jealous and wants you to get taxed so they can have a part of what you worked for.

Again, the Indians had a good idea: within the tribe all shared alike. Outside the tribe, if you tried to steal their horses they'd tie you to a stake, let the women torture and mutilate you, and then set the stake on fire---and it didn't take 25 years of appeals, either.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
They call it "Progress"[confused]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.