·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You and me both. I have some big snappers here in NJ by me also.[confused]

·
Registered
612 Posts
Snapping turtle makes good soup... good burgers too. Just make sure you grab them by the tail, grabbing the other end is a bad idea.:p

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
back in Pa we used to shoot snappers with the 22's on this guys pond, and some where bigger than the bottom of a 55 gallon drum, roughly 30-50lb snappers

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard it is good and I was told that I had it when I was a kid. But I don't think I could find it in me to try it. They just look gross :p

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
There was a guy, that would make soup out of them, And let me tell ya, thqt must have been alot of soup for the size and amount we shot in one day

·
Registered
612 Posts
You should try cleaning one... when you split open the shell and have it laying there, it almost looks human, like a baby laying on it's back... you feel kinda guilty. But the lake where I grew up had quite a few big bruisers and they had to be taken out.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Geese yes, ducks know. There are too many geese.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
hkdonfishn - THAT WAS GREAT!!!!:)[up][up]

Now I know that I'm DEFINITELY gonna make a trip to Oklahoma or Missouri to try out some Noodlin'/Grabblin' especially hopin' that one of my partners looks like some of the "hot" girls in the video!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Snappin' Turtle Soup is fantastic - I used to make a few trips to the Lobster House in Cape May to get a few big bowls fulll and some to take home.

http://www.thelobsterhouse.com/
Homemade Snapper Soup-A Rich Turtle Soup, crock $3.75

Tip - Go there at Lunch time - the price is 50% less for the same size portion that you'd get at Dinner time!!! [up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I will try it one day.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Who wants to try?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts