New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to hunting, first archery season just passed, and I am fortunate to have some private land in the family I am able to hunt and plant a food plot on. I was able to get a small plow device, disk and spreader to attach to my atv. I got soil test done and just applied my lime, fertilizer and approx. 4000 square feet of clovers from mossy oak biologic. I am about to try out turkeys as well. Anything I could plant to attract the turkeys? And what do you do for irrigation on these food plots?

Dennis

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
golden chuffa is the best thing for all game birds (Big and small). as for watering buy a cheap sprayer ( backpack / atv mounted ) and spray the water and wait for mother nature. The biggest thing is to keep the weeds out till the food plot grows big enought ti keep the weeds from growing. If your doing just one plot get yourself "plot saver" works great and you can slowly move it inwares to bring and keep the deer better. Plus it saves your plot till everthing comes up. After it gets about a foot or so take down the plot saver and watch the deer come running. I hope this helps you out. if you need more help just email me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts