New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brotherin-laws father has an old double barrel shot gun. It came with the house he bought ions ago. He claims it is from the 1800's but I doubt it. The former owner told him he used to take it out and shoot it once a month,year whatever. I doubt that too. The problem is the wooden stock is cracked as it hung over a fireplace for years. He wants to get it refurbished. I say he should get it appraised first as it might be worth more in it's original state. So could anyone recommend a good Gunsmith and or appraiser in the Montville area, and I will p [no swearing please] on the information. Thank You.

· Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What make is the gun, hammers or not etc.? Maybe we could at least give you a start.
Posted: 12 Dec 2005 6:51 AM
Don't know a thing about the gun. Just don't want him to restore a gun and have it lose value.
I asked about if it had a damascus barrel and he didn't know what that was. I would love to look at it myself.:)

Thank you everyone for the replies, atleast it's a start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.