New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cold weather coat. I am a big guy, so I need 3 or 4XL Tall or Long size. I have been doing the research and have my choices narrowed down to these 4.
Cabelas:
MT050 Whitetail extreme $280
Elite Fleece $250

Day One Parka Fleece/windstop insulated $215

Gray Wolf Wolfskin lined jacket $230

I like Day One and Gray Wolf because I can get them in Predator. The Cabelas product I am figuring on Real Tree HW Grey.

So how are everyones experiences?

thanks,

-dan

·
11,226 Posts
I'm a Woolrich guy myself!!! I love my Woolrich! Stays warm even when wet!!! I never tried anything else so I don't know a thing about the others you mentioned.. When I have something that works I stick with it!:)[up]

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
wow Dan I'm in the same boat right now, was just looking in the Cabela winter sale. I'm also in the market for a new winter coat or coverall. I'm leaning towards the coverall. The Cavella MT050 is a 4 layer system. Let me know what your decision is, and I do need some help on this matter also. Tony

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I was looking at the woolrich. The Hydromax 2100 is 260.00 is a wool parka with a water proof interior, but its not made in the USA. For that matter I'm also looking at the stuff in Cabela's to see if is made out of the country. Sorry I try to buy what ever I can MADE IN THE GOOD ALL USA.
Something which is becoming very hard to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just brought the Whitetail MT050 Extreme. It is very comfortable and easy to move around in.(Very easy to draw your bow) Been out with only a wool sweater as a baselayer in 32 degrees and did'nt get cold. Anything colder and I feel I may need to layer with a couple of thick thermals. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can I get the woolrich? Do they have Long or Tall sizes?

Browning does not come in my size, as well as 10X

Nothing worse than sleeves that stop mid forearm!

-dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts